Latest Updates:
Normal Topic [Suggestion] New parent subforums (Read 1717 times)
Markovich
God Member

Re: [Suggestion] New parent subforums
Reply #3 - 05/17/11 at 11:27:56
Post Tools
kylemeister wrote on 05/16/11 at 19:56:03:
I don't know, it's more my impression that discussions of the what-openings-should-I-play/what-repertoire-books-should-I-get type couldn't be much more ubiquitous than they already are.

Amen to that.

The Great Oz has spoken!

IP Logged

TopNotch
God Member

I only look 1 move ahead,
but its always the best

Reply #2 - 05/17/11 at 01:45:00
Post Tools
Vulpes wrote on 05/16/11 at 18:18:21:
G'Day,

I kinda miss a room to discuss repertoires/opening choices. Stuff like "1.d4 repertoire books" or questions like "What would you suggest as a dynamic defense against 1.e4" all are currently forced into the huge Bulk that is 'General Chess', since one can't ask it in any of the actual Opening Subforums --
Thus I'd suggest two new parent subforums: "1.e4 general" and "1.d4 general", where one can ask for help one repertoires, opening choices with black against those, etc without drowning in between things like talk about the Candidate Matches.

It would look kinda like this (excuse it's ugliness, I'm limited to Paint - is just supposed to explain the idea) example.
I'm not sure whether there is actually enough discussion on those topics to warrant new sub forums, but I think it would clean everything up a little;
plus I suppose it would encourage more talk about these topics - I'm pretty sure there would be more people discussing their repertoires if there were those topics than there are currently.

Thoughts?

I think this is totally unneccessary, the forum is plenty divided up already as it is.

On reflection, perhaps a Beginners Corner on what a dynamic opening is.

An Intermediate Section for repertoire questions.

An advanced section focussing on discussing novelties and developing opening lines.

Then again scratch that idea, as all the beginners and intermidiates will gravitate towards the advance section anyway.

Tops Smiley
« Last Edit: 05/17/11 at 02:50:37 by TopNotch »  

The man who tries to do something and fails is infinitely better than he who tries to do nothing and succeeds - Lloyd Jones Smiley

IP Logged

kylemeister
God Member

Reply #1 - 05/16/11 at 19:56:03
Post Tools
I don't know, it's more my impression that discussions of the what-openings-should-I-play/what-repertoire-books-should-I-get type couldn't be much more ubiquitous than they already are.

IP Logged

Vulpes
YaBB Newbies

~ Magic

[Suggestion] New parent subforums
05/16/11 at 18:18:21
Post Tools
G'Day,

I kinda miss a room to discuss repertoires/opening choices. Stuff like "1.d4 repertoire books" or questions like "What would you suggest as a dynamic defense against 1.e4" all are currently forced into the huge Bulk that is 'General Chess', since one can't ask it in any of the actual Opening Subforums --
Thus I'd suggest two new parent subforums: "1.e4 general" and "1.d4 general", where one can ask for help one repertoires, opening choices with black against those, etc without drowning in between things like talk about the Candidate Matches.

It would look kinda like this (excuse it's ugliness, I'm limited to Paint - is just supposed to explain the idea) example.
I'm not sure whether there is actually enough discussion on those topics to warrant new sub forums, but I think it would clean everything up a little;
plus I suppose it would encourage more talk about these topics - I'm pretty sure there would be more people discussing their repertoires if there were those topics than there are currently.

Thoughts?

- Iron Tigran #1

IP Logged

Bookmarks: del.icio.us Digg Facebook Google Google+ Linked in reddit StumbleUpon Twitter Yahoo