Latest Updates:
Normal Topic Text problem (Read 2433 times)
Jesse Gersenson

Piece value = Mobility
+ targets

Re: Text problem
Reply #6 - 08/28/11 at 09:24:40
Post Tools
turn it off from BIOS.

IP Logged

TalJechin
God Member

There is no secret ingredient.

Reply #5 - 08/27/11 at 09:39:55
Post Tools
Jesse Gersenson wrote on 08/24/11 at 05:22:48:
sounds to me like you're using a notebook with a touchpad and, when you hit the space bar, the heel of your hand is touching the edge of the touchpad - causing the mouse to jump around.

Yes, that could be the cause. Is there any way to turn off the touchpad in Win 7? I looked in Control panel/System but can't even see the touchpad listed anywhere...

IP Logged

fling
God Member

I Love ChessPublishing!

Reply #4 - 08/24/11 at 19:56:46
Post Tools
Jesse Gersenson wrote on 08/24/11 at 05:22:48:
sounds to me like you're using a notebook with a touchpad and, when you hit the space bar, the heel of your hand is touching the edge of the touchpad - causing the mouse to jump around.

I've had this problem with an Acer notebook, except that I don't even have to touch the touchpad for it to happen!

IP Logged

Jesse Gersenson

Piece value = Mobility
+ targets

Reply #3 - 08/24/11 at 05:22:48
Post Tools

IP Logged

TalJechin
God Member

Reply #2 - 06/15/11 at 10:28:27
Post Tools
Smyslov_Fan wrote on 06/14/11 at 17:49:39:
That sounds a bit like a connectivity issue. I have noticed that my web browsers (Internet Explorer and Google Chrome) are going very slowly here today.

Yeah, that's probably it, not much I can do about it then. The downside of having a threadless network...

IP Logged

Smyslov_Fan
YaBB Moderator
Correspondence fan

Progress depends on the
unreasonable man. ~GBS

Reply #1 - 06/14/11 at 17:49:39
Post Tools
That sounds a bit like a connectivity issue. I have noticed that my web browsers (Internet Explorer and Google Chrome) are going very slowly here today.

IP Logged

TalJechin
God Member

Text problem
06/14/11 at 11:33:07
Post Tools
For some time now I've noticed that when writing a slightly longer text, the cursor sometimes jumps to some other place in the text or leaves the textbox completely. The latter seem to happen in connection with using the space bar, but only occasionally. Anyway, it happens about 3-5 times in 15 minutes...

Anyone else experiencing this? Is it related to the forum or Win 7, or browser (Chrome / Firefox) or something else?

IP Logged

Bookmarks: del.icio.us Digg Facebook Google Google+ Linked in reddit StumbleUpon Twitter Yahoo