I want to see more quality posts by IM/GMs    
  22 (21.4%)
The Forum is fine as it is    
  24 (23.3%)

Total votes: 103
« Last Modified by: GMTonyKosten on: 07/20/11 at 11:00:35 »
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 
Topic Tools
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) ChessPub Forum – the way forward. (Read 30652 times)
GMTonyKosten
YaBB Administrator

Mr Dynamic?

Re: ChessPub Forum – the way forward.
Reply #1 - 06/23/11 at 22:10:12
Post Tools
Here are my own thoughts:
First, I would like to further improve the overall quality of the posts, and obviously avoid spamming and advertising.
It would be great to have more high-class posts from GM/IM strength players, particularly ChessPublishing.com writers, although the main problem here is that professional players would obviously expect some sort of remuneration for this. Shocked
Second, the Forum is enormous and getting bigger by the minute, and currently it can be difficult to find information (although using Google isn't too bad) and this will inevitably get worse. Sad
So we will need to address the question 'how can we make it easier to find that information?'
Although I have been loathe to do this, I am beginning to think that we might need to increase the number of sections, mostly by further sub-dividing the current ones. It might also be possible to add tags, or use ECO codes, but implementing this would be problematic.
On a slightly technical note I would also like to move to a faster, more secure (and unfortunately more expensive!) server with more bandwidth.

IP Logged

GMTonyKosten
YaBB Administrator

Mr Dynamic?

ChessPub Forum – the way forward.
06/23/11 at 22:09:24
Post Tools
Since its foundation in 2002 the ChessPub Forum has advanced from being a small site whose aim was to simply allow ChessPublishing.com members to discuss the updates, to a major openings site in its own right.
The Forum has improved somewhat over the years:
Firstly, thanks to member Odd Gunnar Malin, we have been able to add graphic diagrams using FEN codes, and then thanks to Jesse's work we have playable Flash PGN games. Recently we have also added buttons to add both diagram tags and playable PGN tags more easily. Jesse has also managed to significantly speed up the page download times. Smiley

I think that now is a good time to take stock and decide on the future. So, which direction now? Undecided

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 
Topic Tools
Bookmarks: del.icio.us Digg Facebook Google Google+ Linked in reddit StumbleUpon Twitter Yahoo