Latest Updates:
Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 3 4
Topic Tools
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) C10-C14: 3.Nc3 Nf6 Question....... (Read 32582 times)
XChess1971

Born with a Dragon Book!

Re: C10-C14: 3.Nc3 Nf6 Question.......
Reply #48 - 08/15/11 at 20:24:04
Post Tools
TN wrote on 08/15/11 at 18:06:28:
XChess1971 wrote on 08/15/11 at 14:12:59:
Which one is that move that I am asking for help?
Any other great ideas SF?

Move 4 and 7.

Well I was told that 4.e5 was mostly played. I chose 4.Bg5. Suddenly, someone said 7.Qd3, I chose 7.Nf3.
Under ICCF people play different ways. The choice of one variation or another into an opening or a different one should not be a big issue. The issue comes when I ask you to ANALYZE the game for me. People play team tournaments, under which every team has a captain. Does it mean that a member shouldn't consult the choice of opening? If a game is in a middle game position that's completely different.
I don't get surprised by the amount of aficionados in here.

IP Logged

TN
God Member

Reply #47 - 08/15/11 at 18:06:28
Post Tools
XChess1971 wrote on 08/15/11 at 14:12:59:

Move 4 and 7.

All our dreams come true if we have the courage to pursue them.

IP Logged

XChess1971

Born with a Dragon Book!

Reply #46 - 08/15/11 at 14:12:59
Post Tools
Bibs wrote on 08/15/11 at 01:07:15:
Anyhow, regarding chess not OP's crass rudeness.

Good sources:

Tim Harding's older book on the Classical. Very good for ideas. Gives the background.
Update with Jacobs(Tait's?) later book.
Use ChessPub, then off you go.

IP Logged

Bibs
God Member

Reply #45 - 08/15/11 at 01:07:15
Post Tools
Anyhow, regarding chess not OP's crass rudeness.

Good sources:

Tim Harding's older book on the Classical. Very good for ideas. Gives the background.
Update with Jacobs(Tait's?) later book.
Use ChessPub, then off you go.

IP Logged

XChess1971

Born with a Dragon Book!

Reply #44 - 08/15/11 at 00:50:17
Post Tools
Smyslov_Fan wrote on 08/15/11 at 00:17:57:
Since you asked, even though you are the one playing on that site and should know the code of conduct for players on that site:

2. Guidelines for Players/Team Captains
...It is expected that players will decide the moves for themselves. It is unacceptable behaviour to
have someone else play your games.
The whole ICCF ratings and titles system relies on the
assumption that games are played by the players named in the starting lists (or approved
substitutes).
(Source: http://www.iccf.com/rules/ICCFCodeofConductGuidelines-01012005.pdf )

Smyslov_Fan I wonder what kind of rating and title you have in chess.
Did I ask anybody to play for me?

I am gonna quote something from Einstein: ""Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe"."

IP Logged

Smyslov_Fan
YaBB Moderator
Correspondence fan

Progress depends on the
unreasonable man. ~GBS

Reply #43 - 08/15/11 at 00:17:57
Post Tools
Since you asked, even though you are the one playing on that site and should know the code of conduct for players on that site:

2. Guidelines for Players/Team Captains
...It is expected that players will decide the moves for themselves. It is unacceptable behaviour to
have someone else play your games.
The whole ICCF ratings and titles system relies on the
assumption that games are played by the players named in the starting lists (or approved
substitutes).
(Source: http://www.iccf.com/rules/ICCFCodeofConductGuidelines-01012005.pdf )

IP Logged

XChess1971

Born with a Dragon Book!

Reply #42 - 08/14/11 at 22:22:05
Post Tools
Smyslov_Fan wrote on 08/14/11 at 20:18:39:
XChess1971 wrote on 08/14/11 at 17:12:02:
Oh Lord! Do we have to go back to this again?
...And I won't answer any more because I already got tired of some people nonsense.

Well, I get that you don't want to answer any more. Of course, you could simply have stated which site your game is being played on. But I strongly suspect that it is an online site that has specific, clear rules against outside assistance, such as chess.com or USCF's correspondence website.

Here's what the USCF site has to say:

3. You may consult chess books and periodicals but not
other players. You cannot use a computer or computer program
(chessplaying algorithms) to evaluate a game, but you
may use computers for record keeping and databases.
(Source: http://main.uschess.org/content/view/7521/393/ )

Smyslov Fan my game is not being played in the USCF. It is played on ICCF. Find a rule there. Moreover World Champions have used Nalimov Tables for chess endings. Please, let me go!

IP Logged

Smyslov_Fan
YaBB Moderator
Correspondence fan

Progress depends on the
unreasonable man. ~GBS

Reply #41 - 08/14/11 at 20:18:39
Post Tools
XChess1971 wrote on 08/14/11 at 17:12:02:
...And I won't answer any more because I already got tired of some people nonsense.

Well, I get that you don't want to answer any more. Of course, you could simply have stated which site your game is being played on. But I strongly suspect that it is an online site that has specific, clear rules against outside assistance, such as chess.com or USCF's correspondence website.

Here's what the USCF site has to say:

3. You may consult chess books and periodicals but not
other players. You cannot use a computer or computer program
(chessplaying algorithms) to evaluate a game, but you
may use computers for record keeping and databases.
(Source: http://main.uschess.org/content/view/7521/393/ )

IP Logged

XChess1971

Born with a Dragon Book!

Reply #40 - 08/14/11 at 17:12:02
Post Tools
dom wrote on 08/14/11 at 09:08:25:
Quote:
BPaulsen is right I asked for some advice only. Actually I am playing a correspondence game. So far it will require the most from me. It went 1.e4 e6 2.d4 d5 3.Nc3 Nf6 4.Bg5 dxe4 5.Nxe4 Be7 6.Bxf6 gxf6. I am going to have to work very hard on this position.
I don't know the updated theoretical evaluation. So it will be a tough one. Suggestions will be welcome.

Up is **your** post...and you clearly asked for an advice in one corr. game.

Forbidden by rules as given in my previous. I don't believe other members want flaming...they want only to warn you that no answer will not be given (despite your "honesty" to have written that it's about currently played game)....because of to be ethic/fair with your opponent.

I will stop now, because of offtopic chat.

Can you tell me dom what kind of institution is that WCCF? Who from the well known strong correspondence players play there? Because I don't. When was it founded? If you are a member from that website, maybe you want to keep "those rules" for yourself. Because as far as I know WCCF is not the most representative form of correspondence chess. And I won't answer any more because I already got tired of some people nonsense.

IP Logged

dom
God Member

Reply #39 - 08/14/11 at 09:08:25
Post Tools
Quote:
BPaulsen is right I asked for some advice only. Actually I am playing a correspondence game. So far it will require the most from me. It went 1.e4 e6 2.d4 d5 3.Nc3 Nf6 4.Bg5 dxe4 5.Nxe4 Be7 6.Bxf6 gxf6. I am going to have to work very hard on this position.
I don't know the updated theoretical evaluation. So it will be a tough one. Suggestions will be welcome.

Up is **your** post...and you clearly asked for an advice in one corr. game.

Forbidden by rules as given in my previous. I don't believe other members want flaming...they want only to warn you that no answer will not be given (despite your "honesty" to have written that it's about currently played game)....because of to be ethic/fair with your opponent.

I will stop now, because of offtopic chat.

“Learn from the mistakes of others. You can never live long enough to make them all yourself.”  - Groucho Marx

IP Logged

XChess1971

Born with a Dragon Book!

Reply #38 - 08/14/11 at 08:56:20
Post Tools
Bibs wrote on 08/14/11 at 04:02:53:
XChess1971 wrote on 08/14/11 at 02:47:42:
Smyslov_Fan wrote on 08/13/11 at 18:59:04:
XChess1971 wrote on 08/13/11 at 14:54:44:

Asking for outside help in an ongoing correspondence game is against the rules in almost every correspondence venue.

Since when it is like that Smyslov_Fan? So are you gonna tell me that every body must turn off their computers? People shouldn't ask FMs, IMs, GMs, etc., etc. etc?
Where did you get that from? Or better said what exactly you meant by your posting?
In here I only asked advice on what variation would be interesting to play against black in a french. Have I asked anybody to analyse for me?
For your information if you never played correspondence. Since forever chess players have used outside help. Of course, we all know that you are supposed to play on your own. Maybe you wanna explain us how could we avoid that a guy that is on the other side of the planet uses a strong computer, a GM, an IM or a FM.

Oh, do behave. I imagine it happens, but it is unethical.
SF's point, delicately expressed was, I think: you may behave in such a way elsewhere if you must, but not here. So, don't do it here. Let's be fair, let's be nice Smiley

Bibs are you reading right? Or do I have to retype it for you? Am I asking you or anybody to analyse for me?
People suggest a line of play, coaches suggest the same, etc. etc. etc.
Before I have seen posting from other people asking what is good against certain opening?
In my case, like in many other postings from other people I asked what could be good against certain variation of he french.
If you don't know anything about correspondence, maybe you should stay away.

IP Logged

dom
God Member

Reply #37 - 08/14/11 at 08:52:50
Post Tools
Quote:
Quote:
Asking for outside help in an ongoing correspondence game is against the rules in almost every correspondence venue.

Since when it is like that Smyslov_Fan? So are you gonna tell me that every body must turn off their computers? People shouldn't ask FMs, IMs, GMs, etc., etc. etc?
Where did you get that from?

@XChess1971:  It will be better to know the exact printed rules you have to apply as correspondance player...but in main cases, yes SF is right.

Read for example here, from http://www.ewccf.com/rules.htm:

Quote:
8. CONSULTATION:
a. Players are free to consult chess publications or literature, in printed or electronic form. Advise from another chess player is strictly forbidden.
b. The use of a chess engine (such as Chessmaster, Fritz, Rebel, etc.) or any other form of electronic consultation is strictly forbidden.

You have answers for your questions:
- "Since then ?" : maybe since very long time, even before computer ages, with postal corr games
'- "People must turn off computer" : yes,..,but only for the "analysis" part of chessplaying, not for the widely public knowledge you can get....an advice from private chessfriends are obviously not included in that case (put in bold above).

Common sense apply for corr.rules: what you cannot get while seating in person in one tournament venue...you should not permitted to get it in corr. game.

You surely understand that if you allow computer helped play...you merely will get in short time only chess engines games ("avatar" or "fake" corr.players.... the real ones being those who use own brain)...and it's not the goal of corr.play

“Learn from the mistakes of others. You can never live long enough to make them all yourself.”  - Groucho Marx

IP Logged

Bibs
God Member

Reply #36 - 08/14/11 at 04:02:53
Post Tools
XChess1971 wrote on 08/14/11 at 02:47:42:

Where did you get that from? Or better said what exactly you meant by your posting?
In here I only asked advice on what variation would be interesting to play against black in a french. Have I asked anybody to analyse for me?
For your information if you never played correspondence. Since forever chess players have used outside help. Of course, we all know that you are supposed to play on your own. Maybe you wanna explain us how could we avoid that a guy that is on the other side of the planet uses a strong computer, a GM, an IM or a FM.

Oh, do behave. I imagine it happens, but it is unethical.
SF's point, delicately expressed was, I think: you may behave in such a way elsewhere if you must, but not here. So, don't do it here. Let's be fair, let's be nice Smiley
« Last Edit: 08/14/11 at 05:52:57 by Bibs »  

IP Logged

XChess1971

Born with a Dragon Book!

Reply #35 - 08/14/11 at 02:47:42
Post Tools

IP Logged

Smyslov_Fan
YaBB Moderator
Correspondence fan

Progress depends on the
unreasonable man. ~GBS

Reply #34 - 08/13/11 at 18:59:04
Post Tools

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 3 4
Topic Tools
Bookmarks: del.icio.us Digg Facebook Google Google+ Linked in reddit StumbleUpon Twitter Yahoo