Latest Updates:
Normal Topic Best line in the Main Line QGD Exchange Variation? (Read 2266 times)
Smyslov_Fan
God Member
Correspondence fan

Progress depends on the
unreasonable man. ~GBS

Re: Best line in the Main Line QGD Exchange Variation?
Reply #1 - 10/21/11 at 06:24:53
Post Tools
I'm glad that there isn't a correct answer to this yet. Having said that, I doubt that 5...c6 is Black's best move.

White's most common plan since Kasparov-Andersson 1988 and Kasparov-Spassky 1989 has been Bd3 and Nge2. There have been several different move orders to implement that plan though.
Potkin-Shulman saw 6...Bf5 Qf3 and Black was able to draw. Perhaps White could try 10.h4.

IP Logged

Gilchrist is a legend
God Member

Best line in the Main Line QGD Exchange Variation?
10/20/11 at 20:32:40
Post Tools
What is the best line to play against White's 1. d4 d5 2. c4 e6 3. Nc3 Nf6 4. cxd5 cxd5 5. Bg5 c6 6. e3? I was reading the new Everyman book on the QGD, and I did not feel very comfortable with 6...Bf5. However, I have heard that the main line with Nge2 is probably favourable for White, but is this true? How should Black play then?

I have Janjgava's QGD book from 2000, but I am not sure which line to choose there.

My main solid alternative to my main opening against 1. d4, the Grünfeld, is currently the Slav. Is the Slav doing better than the QGD?

Creo lo que creo no importa lo que creen los demás.

IP Logged

Bookmarks: del.icio.us Digg Facebook Google Google+ Linked in reddit StumbleUpon Twitter Yahoo