Latest Updates:
Normal Topic The London Opening (Read 9158 times)
saubhikr

Chess is a cruel game
but I still love it

Re: The London Opening
Reply #9 - 12/24/11 at 13:05:13
Post Tools
I play both Tromp (against 1...Nf6) and London (agains 1...d5) after starting with 1.d4. I agree Eric has done a fantastic job with Tromp in the past and little bit of London will bring the balance.

IP Logged

Buford
YaBB Newbies

I Love ChessPublishing!

Reply #8 - 11/09/11 at 13:19:36
Post Tools
IMO the London is very popular at the club level and the heavy CP coverage is fully justified.

The 91 internet games that I have answered d4 with d5 have resulted in (after some transpositions):

c4 Main lines....65 games
London............15 games
Veresov............4 games
Colle................3 games
Pseudo Tromp...1 game
Irregular...........3 games

IP Logged

curtains
YaBB Newbies

I Love ChessPublishing!

Reply #7 - 10/28/11 at 18:24:09
Post Tools
GMTonyKosten wrote on 10/28/11 at 11:24:04:
To be fair to Eric the 2...c5 material he is currently analysing seems very critical for 2.Bf4 and didn't even have a Roadmap before, so it definitely needed looking at.
Whenever a stunning new idea occurs in any of the d-Pawn Specials he will certainly annotate it, but at the moment he is still covering all the basic theory.

I promise if anyone plays 2. Bf4 on me I'm just going to play some kind of normal setup and not try to refute it Smiley

IP Logged

GMTonyKosten
YaBB Administrator

Mr Dynamic?

Reply #6 - 10/28/11 at 11:24:04
Post Tools
To be fair to Eric the 2...c5 material he is currently analysing seems very critical for 2.Bf4 and didn't even have a Roadmap before, so it definitely needed looking at.
Whenever a stunning new idea occurs in any of the d-Pawn Specials he will certainly annotate it, but at the moment he is still covering all the basic theory.

IP Logged

TN
God Member

Reply #5 - 10/28/11 at 05:14:15
Post Tools
curtains wrote on 10/28/11 at 03:47:56:
Archives??? The theory in the Tromp+Torre is changing every day, I can't look back 1-2 years! Smiley

Grin I like your wit!  Wink

All our dreams come true if we have the courage to pursue them.

IP Logged

curtains
YaBB Newbies

I Love ChessPublishing!

Reply #4 - 10/28/11 at 03:47:56
Post Tools

Archives??? The theory in the Tromp+Torre is changing every day, I can't look back 1-2 years! Smiley

IP Logged

TN
God Member

Reply #3 - 10/27/11 at 06:51:52
Post Tools
curtains wrote on 10/27/11 at 06:37:01:
Ok I've only been here a few months. Just feels like you can pretty much do whatever you want against 2. Bf4 so not sure why it's featured in every single game. In any case it's not that big a deal since I'm not too focused on any of these openings, just seems funny to see what feels like an entire 1/12th of the website for the last few months devoted to only 2. Bf4.

In any case I love you all.

Actually I quite like this method of covering openings - this allows you to get into much greater depth in a variation. I recommend having a look at the Archives for other variations that take your interest.

All our dreams come true if we have the courage to pursue them.

IP Logged

curtains
YaBB Newbies

I Love ChessPublishing!

Reply #2 - 10/27/11 at 06:37:01
Post Tools
Ok I've only been here a few months. Just feels like you can pretty much do whatever you want against 2. Bf4 so not sure why it's featured in every single game. In any case it's not that big a deal since I'm not too focused on any of these openings, just seems funny to see what feels like an entire 1/12th of the website for the last few months devoted to only 2. Bf4.

In any case I love you all.

IP Logged

GMTonyKosten
YaBB Administrator

Mr Dynamic?

Reply #1 - 10/26/11 at 23:51:18
Post Tools
curtains wrote on 10/26/11 at 23:34:08:
Seems like a bit overkill to cover all games with 2. Bf4 every single month? IMO facing stuff like the Trompowski and Torre Attack is much more common.

I suppose the point is that they have already been covered, especially the Tromp which Eric analysed for many years.

IP Logged

curtains
YaBB Newbies

I Love ChessPublishing!

The London Opening
10/26/11 at 23:34:08
Post Tools
Seems like a bit overkill to cover all games with 2. Bf4 every single month? IMO facing stuff like the Trompowski and Torre Attack is much more common.

IP Logged

Bookmarks: del.icio.us Digg Facebook Google Google+ Linked in reddit StumbleUpon Twitter Yahoo