fling
God Member

I Love ChessPublishing!

Re: Workflow
Reply #5 - 12/21/11 at 18:52:25
Post Tools
GMTonyKosten wrote on 12/21/11 at 16:08:31:
fling wrote on 12/21/11 at 09:14:32:
it would be nice to have a good system to easily go back and look at old guides and commented games in connection with the new ones.

If you download all the games you can do a search using ECO code (say) and look at the latest ChessPub Guide, that shows you how all the games fit together.

This is how I have done it, but it didn't seem like the most efficient way to use the resources.

IP Logged

GMTonyKosten
YaBB Administrator

Mr Dynamic?

Reply #4 - 12/21/11 at 16:08:31
Post Tools
fling wrote on 12/21/11 at 09:14:32:
it would be nice to have a good system to easily go back and look at old guides and commented games in connection with the new ones.

If you download all the games you can do a search using ECO code (say) and look at the latest ChessPub Guide, that shows you how all the games fit together.

IP Logged

fling
God Member

I Love ChessPublishing!

Reply #3 - 12/21/11 at 09:14:32
Post Tools
TN wrote on 12/21/11 at 08:46:25:
fling wrote on 12/21/11 at 08:11:08:
45 views, hundreds of subscribers, and nobody has any advice on how to best use the files you get from the subscription at this site? Well, I'll figure it out during my xmas break instead. More time efficient I guess.

After downloading the files, I find it's useful to play through the E-books, the latest Guides and have an opening key for the main databases.

This is kinda what I do too, but it seems like it would be nice to have a good system to easily go back and look at old guides and commented games in connection with the new ones. But I never get around to order everything. That is why I like the new playable ebooks, but there aren't new ones for all sub-sections.

IP Logged

TN
God Member

Reply #2 - 12/21/11 at 08:46:25
Post Tools
fling wrote on 12/21/11 at 08:11:08:
45 views, hundreds of subscribers, and nobody has any advice on how to best use the files you get from the subscription at this site? Well, I'll figure it out during my xmas break instead. More time efficient I guess.

After downloading the files, I find it's useful to play through the E-books, the latest Guides and have an opening key for the main databases.

All our dreams come true if we have the courage to pursue them.

IP Logged

fling
God Member

I Love ChessPublishing!

Reply #1 - 12/21/11 at 08:11:08
Post Tools

IP Logged

fling
God Member

I Love ChessPublishing!

Workflow
12/19/11 at 22:07:52
Post Tools
I have to admit that I subscribe but don't use the subscription optimally.

Imagine you would give advice to a new Gold plus subscriber who uses Chessbase. How would this person start? By downloading the playable ebooks until end of 2010 and then the Chesspub guides from the PGN archives, or?

What do you do when there is a new update? Etc.

IP Logged

Bookmarks: del.icio.us Digg Facebook Google Google+ Linked in reddit StumbleUpon Twitter Yahoo