Latest Updates:
Normal Topic Repertoire Question: QID and Hedgehog (Read 2808 times)
MartinC
God Member

I Love ChessPublishing!

Re: Repertoire Question: QID and Hedgehog
Reply #1 - 01/05/12 at 18:41:21
Post Tools
Reasonably feasible yes. There are certainly some fairly 'hedgehog like' lines in the QID, probably as much as there is for the Nimzo.

You do have to be a little bit careful with a quick c5 though, as white can often meet it with d5 even as a pawn sac. So you're often ending up with similarly elastic structures but not exactly same the pawn structure.

Some choice so best to either check databases or some sort of overview book like the chess explained book Wells did for Gambit. Very good for this.

IP Logged

Tullius

I Love ChessPublishing!

Repertoire Question: QID and Hedgehog
01/05/12 at 17:47:38
Post Tools
At the moment i am assembling my against non 1.e4 openings as Black. I decided for various reasons that i need a new answer to meet all the different first moves in a coherent way. I play the Hedgehog as Black (Sicilian Kan) and as White (1.Sf3) and have now seen in Shipovs book many games with the QID. As i consider the Nimzo my new main weapon against 1. d4 the QID could be the natural complement. When i could play the QID in a Hedgehog style it would be a no brainer but i do not know the theory of the  QID. So i have no clue how feasible my idea is.

(BTW against 1.c4 2. g3 i consider a QGD setup with early dxc4 (despite Marin) and against the Catalan the Open variation with an early dxc4 again).

IP Logged

Bookmarks: del.icio.us Digg Facebook Google Google+ Linked in reddit StumbleUpon Twitter Yahoo