Latest Updates:
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 [3] 
Topic Tools
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) B77 Giri - Nakamura (Read 42798 times)
fling
God Member

I Love ChessPublishing!

Re: B77 Giri - Nakamura
Reply #4 - 01/21/12 at 21:58:17
Post Tools
This ending is also analysed in Sicilian Attacks by Yakovich, quoting several other sources. I have looked at it briefly, because I have thought of playing the white side of it since I know a club mate plays the Dragon. The analysis is a bit different, mainly because White plays his king to c4 in the analyzed game (instead of d4). Still very interesting, and of course much more complex than I thought it would be at first glance!

IP Logged

MNb
YaBB Moderator

Rudolf Spielmann forever

Reply #3 - 01/21/12 at 21:07:57
Post Tools
Let me give it a try. It appears that Van der Tak's analysis is not addressed at the Tal-Portisch game (oh, my memory), but Nedeljkovic-Volpert, Belgrade 1961. This is the mistake of Gufeld though. Portisch played ...a6 while Volpert didn't. The improvement comes at move 31 (in the 16.Nd5 move order at move 29)

This is not complete; some lines continue to move 47. Not all lines are from Van der Tak himself; he refers to Averbach and Slutsky/Shereshevsky.
Then Van der Tak gives the game Rittner-Arndlind, corr BdF 1970. Alas it happens not to be in my database and 70 moves of typing is too much for me, sorry.

The book had the effect good books usually have: it made the stupids more stupid, the intelligent more intelligent and the other thousands of readers remained unchanged.
GC Lichtenberg

IP Logged

ArKheiN
God Member

I love ChessPublishing.com!

Reply #2 - 01/21/12 at 15:30:22
Post Tools
Hello MNb, could you give his recommandation for Black? I was really curious about Nakamura's intention because I think White is between +/- and +- in most of the endings, for example that known line: 14.Rhe1 Bxb3 15.cxb3 b4 16.Bxf6 bxc3 17.Bxc3 Bxc3 18.bxc3 Rxc3 19.Re3 Rac8 20.Rxc3. Ok I have an improvment for Black (maybe a novelty, I can't check on the database) that may hold for Black but I really wonder what was the idea of Nakamura.

IP Logged

MNb
YaBB Moderator

Rudolf Spielmann forever

Reply #1 - 01/20/12 at 22:58:21
Post Tools
I own some probably unknown analysis by Dutch theoretician Van der Tak (published in Schaakschakeringen, the magazine of the Dutch corr. chess federation NBC) that suggested that the famous line 14.Rhe1 Bxb3 15.cxb3 b4 of Tal-Portisch, Oberhausen 1961, should lead to a draw.
The problem remains that Black has hardly winning chances.

The book had the effect good books usually have: it made the stupids more stupid, the intelligent more intelligent and the other thousands of readers remained unchanged.
GC Lichtenberg

IP Logged

bragesjo
God Member

CCE at ICCF 2021 and CCM
at ICCF 2023

B77 Giri - Nakamura
01/20/12 at 21:06:23
Post Tools
When browsing through some old games from the ongoing Tata Steel tournamnet I discovered the game Giri - Nakamura a game in  a line that has been out of fashion since the famoues game Fischer-Larsen where Fischer called it sac sac mate. Its actually interesting to see old lines appears again.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 [3] 
Topic Tools
Bookmarks: del.icio.us Digg Facebook Google Google+ Linked in reddit StumbleUpon Twitter Yahoo