Latest Updates:
Normal Topic How to play against black lion (Read 3426 times)
MNb
God Member

Rudolf Spielmann forever

Re: How to play against black lion
Reply #2 - 01/23/12 at 17:26:42
Post Tools

Benitah,Y (2382) - Capron,D (2071) [A55]
Naujac sur Mer FRA, 12th Open Naujac sur Mer FRA (1.2), 2009

1-0

As 12...exd4 might be better 12.b5 is worth considering. As Black is not going to castle White should try to open the centre.

The book had the effect good books usually have: it made the stupids more stupid, the intelligent more intelligent and the other thousands of readers remained unchanged.
GC Lichtenberg

IP Logged

zoo
Ex Member

Re: How to play against black lion
Reply #1 - 01/23/12 at 16:29:04
Post Tools
regarding your d4/c4/e4 move order, this would rather be an Old Indian, you should have more answers once the thread is moved accordingly (e4 players go Bc4 instead of c4). From your starting position after move 7, you can play Re1, Bf1 and then consider b4-c5 to oppose Be6 with Bc4, place a Knight on c4, oppose rooks on the d-file... not really thrilling but it's a game of chess.

IP Logged

cynima

How to play against black lion
01/23/12 at 15:45:01
Post Tools
Hi chessfriends!

I am going to play an important game with white in the next days. My opponent is a black lion player, so my question would be: What is supposed to be the best line for white?
We played some blitz games a few months ago, they started:

1.d4 Nf6 2.c4 d6 3.Nf3 Nbd7 4.Nc3 e5 5.e4 Be7 6.Be2 c6 7.00 h6
Then he likes to play ...Qc7, ...Nf8, ...g5

I dont have a real plan here with white ...
My opponent always plays this set up against almost all white moves.
If you could help me finding a good plan in this positon (engine is no help Sad ) or finding other good variations, it would be great!

I hope someone can help me

Regards

IP Logged

Bookmarks: del.icio.us Digg Facebook Google Google+ Linked in reddit StumbleUpon Twitter Yahoo