Latest Updates:
Normal Topic The Torre Attack: Move by Move (Read 5023 times)
TN
God Member

Re: The Torre Attack: Move by Move
Reply #2 - 04/05/12 at 14:28:10
Post Tools
Seeley wrote on 04/05/12 at 01:35:07:
Sylvester wrote on 04/05/12 at 00:55:47:
GM Palliser is producing a book on the Torre which is due out in June. I believe this is the only one written in English since Graham Burgess' Torre Attack. This one should be interesting!

With my pedant's hat on, I think I'm right in saying that Richard Palliser is actually an IM, not a GM – nevertheless, I agree that the book should be interesting. He's a thorough and diligent author who doesn't cut corners and his work is always first-rate, in my opinion.

He's a GM in writing chess books  Cheesy

I'm also looking forward to the book. I've lost count of the number of Palliser's books I've purchased.

All our dreams come true if we have the courage to pursue them.

IP Logged

Seeley

Re: The Torre Attack: Move by Move
Reply #1 - 04/05/12 at 01:35:07
Post Tools
Sylvester wrote on 04/05/12 at 00:55:47:
GM Palliser is producing a book on the Torre which is due out in June. I believe this is the only one written in English since Graham Burgess' Torre Attack. This one should be interesting!

With my pedant's hat on, I think I'm right in saying that Richard Palliser is actually an IM, not a GM – nevertheless, I agree that the book should be interesting. He's a thorough and diligent author who doesn't cut corners and his work is always first-rate, in my opinion.

IP Logged

Sylvester

Chess is the ultimate
game!

The Torre Attack: Move by Move
04/05/12 at 00:55:47
Post Tools

IP Logged

Bookmarks: del.icio.us Digg Facebook Google Google+ Linked in reddit StumbleUpon Twitter Yahoo