Latest Updates:
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 
Topic Tools
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) New book: Chess Developments – The Pirc (Read 41464 times)
PatzerKing

I Love ChessPublishing!

New book: Chess Developments – The Pirc
04/21/12 at 09:40:28
Post Tools
Hi,

Everyman chess announced a new book „Chess Developments – The Pirc“ for July ´12 by James Vigus. I am an addictated Pirc/Modern player and from my point of view Mr. Vigus did a great job with “The Pirc in Black and White”. I use the Pirc/Modern to play for a win with Black and I think it is a very interesting opening complex. So I am very excited about this book.
As Everyman chess says the” Chess Developments series is is a brand new series providing state-of-the-art openings coverage. Chess Developments focuses on the current trends – concentrating on critical lines, theoretical novelties and powerful new ideas.”
So I am asking the other Pirc/Modern fellows what you want to see in his new book. Here is my personal assumption in which shape the lines are from practical point of view (Elo (me) 2200/2300 against Elo 2000-2450) and what I want to see in the book:

- Austrian Attack: I was never addictated to all 5…c5 6.Bb5+ lines. I always consider them as drawish and if I want to play for a win I play: 1. e4 d6 2. d4 Nf6 3. Nc3 g6 4. f4 Bg7 5. Nf3 O-O 6. Bd3 Na6 7. O-O c5 8. d5 Bg4 9. Bc4 Nc7 10. h3 Bxf3 11. Qxf3 a6 12. a4 b6 13. Qd3 Qc8!? At least it is an interesting line. So I hope for less Bb5+ stuuf and more other ways to meet the Austrian Attack.

- Austrian Attack with 6.Be3: This is covered in Andrew Greet´s book “Beating the unusual chess defenses: 1.e4”. He did a good job and it is not easy to find a good line against it.

- 4.Le3: It is very tough to play against the Argentinian Attack on the board especially the line with 8.Bh6 and then h2-h4 is difficult to meet. The line "B2" mentioned in the Dangerous Weapon book p. 24 is almost lost after 22.b3! instead of 22.f6. It is also not easy to get the Donner Formation working in this variation. So castling into it seems very dangerous for me and 4…c6 could be the way to go.

- 150-attack/4.Bg5: Not easy to play for a win with Black but Black seems to manage getting enough counterplay.

- Classical variation/Fianchetto variation: At the moment I don´t see a critical variation for Black.

So, I am very happy that there will be a new book about the Pirc and good luck to Mr. Vigus. I am sure he will do a great job as before.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 
Topic Tools
Bookmarks: del.icio.us Digg Facebook Google Google+ Linked in reddit StumbleUpon Twitter Yahoo