Latest Updates:
Normal Topic c- and d- pawns versus h-pawn rook endings (Read 2617 times)
brabo
God Member

Welcome chessfriend

Re: c- and d- pawns versus h-pawn rook endings
Reply #1 - 06/16/12 at 14:14:41
Post Tools
Thanks to the post of d_d in the thread Finalgen, I was able to more or less verify my analysis made in my previous post. I downloaded the tablebasegenerator finalgen and curiously tried to generate the tables for the different critical positions.
The first generation of tablebases was done of the position after move 44...Rxc4 in the mainline which took 58 minutes and 40 Gigabytes. Very nice to see a progressbar so you know when it will finish. To achieve the tablebases of the sidelines, I needed another 30 minutes and 30 Gigabytes. Below you can find the conclusions.

So I was wrong to claim a draw in my previous post. I am blown away not only by this marvelous almost studylike win but also by the fantastic possibilities this new tool creates. A must for every serious correspondenceplayer.

P.s. The tool 'Finalgen' also showed at some points different wins and even quicker wins but I restricted the post to a check of the evaluations used in the original analysis.

IP Logged

brabo
God Member

Welcome chessfriend

c- and d- pawns versus h-pawn rook endings
06/09/12 at 22:15:59
Post Tools
I saw some nice studies about similar endgames here posted so thought that some people could be interested in my analysis built around a recent played game by myself.

Analysis were made by manually inserting some lines in 2 engines: Fritz, Rybka without having direct access to the tablebases. Tablebases were manually checked online.
Any feedback on the correctness of the analysis is welcome. Not only to learn something about this type of endgame but also if my method of analyzing is trustful for such positions.
« Last Edit: 06/10/12 at 05:12:27 by brabo »  
IP Logged

Bookmarks: del.icio.us Digg Facebook Google Google+ Linked in reddit StumbleUpon Twitter Yahoo