Latest Updates:
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 
Topic Tools
Hot Topic (More than 10 Replies) Fyfe Gambit (The Reboot) (Read 23347 times)
Hadron

Doctor, Doctor, Doctor..When
will you ever learn?

Re: Fyfe Gambit (The Reboot)
Reply #3 - 06/25/12 at 22:38:10
Post Tools
BleepBleep wrote on 06/25/12 at 16:25:48:
Hadron, I think you need to get out more.

I respectfully suggest, you actually think before engaging. The art of suprise in the chess opening, thanks to both the proliferation of chess engines and information via the internet, before say move 10 at the very least is become more difficult every day if not damned right impossible that is why old and older openings are becoming new again....Coizo's Nge7, Alapin's Bb4 and Janiesh's f5 all old line from the Lopez (I could probably think of other old open ideas from other openings but hopefully you understand although I doubt it) are making a come back as players look to avoid heavyly booked up lines...I look to everyway to way win and that includes at looking at old ideas I can spring....soporific chess is not for me.
HTH
Angry
« Last Edit: 06/26/12 at 01:06:00 by Hadron »  

I'm reminded again of something Short wrote recently, approximately "The biggest fallacy in chess is the quasi-religious belief in the primacy of the opening."

IP Logged

PANFR

I Love ChessPublishing!

Reply #2 - 06/25/12 at 19:13:59
Post Tools
I believe that the Bin Laden gambit (1.e4 d5 2.Nh3) is a better choice.

IP Logged

BleepBleep
YaBB Newbies

I Love ChessPublishing!

Reply #1 - 06/25/12 at 16:25:48
Post Tools
Hadron, I think you need to get out more.

IP Logged

Hadron

Doctor, Doctor, Doctor..When
will you ever learn?

Fyfe Gambit (The Reboot)
06/25/12 at 07:59:39
Post Tools
Howdy Gang.
I am still on the hunt for any old book analysis (and or old games) using the Fyfe Gambit (1.e4 e5 2.Nc3 Nc6 3.d4) which J. Blackburne beleived it was playable (back then).
Can I ask though a couple of things:
(1) Please taking the time to tell me that Peter Fyfe's idea is crap is just going to be a waste of your vaulable time. I want to investigate this idea, it would seem that after 3...exd4 you can transpose in to some lines of the Belgrade Gambit but the thing is what happens after 3...Nxd4? I want to see some practical analysis and or games if I can. This leads me to:
(2) Taking your time to plug this into a chess engine so you can regurgitate it here will also be a waste of your vaulable time. I have engines and they mostly say the same thing, its crap. This is why I am looking for any old book analysis and games because I beleive it would be more practical and perhaps more subjective than anything offered by any binary demon that Chessbase as to offer.
Thanks
HTH
Smiley

I'm reminded again of something Short wrote recently, approximately "The biggest fallacy in chess is the quasi-religious belief in the primacy of the opening."

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 
Topic Tools
Bookmarks: del.icio.us Digg Facebook Google Google+ Linked in reddit StumbleUpon Twitter Yahoo