Latest Updates:
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 16
Topic Tools
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) Forum update! (Read 134232 times)
GMTonyKosten
YaBB Administrator

Mr Dynamic?

Re: Forum update!
Reply #204 - 09/26/15 at 14:42:03
Post Tools
GabrielGale wrote on 09/26/15 at 03:05:40:
Today I twigged onto the fact that feedly does not capture the new posts in the sub forums

Hmm, that's interesting, I hadn't noticed that the ChessPub RSS didn't show posts from the sub-boards, I'll check that out.

IP Logged

GabrielGale

Who was Thursday?

Reply #203 - 09/26/15 at 03:05:40
Post Tools
This is not a complaint, and I do like the new format. Just putting it out there just in case there is another "d'uh!" like me.
I did encounter a slight problem of my own making.
I started using feedly to organise my blogs and forum reading/browsing. I set ChessPub to feedly to inform when there are new posts. It worked well until the recent structural change (which is great, I did say that already, right?!). I did noticed in the past few months that I was not getting a lot of new posts on ChessPubs. I thought perhaps it was "dying out" …… with many of the "old" chesspubbers missing (or RIP). Today I twigged onto the fact that feedly does not capture the new posts in the sub forums which has been dedicatedly created by Tony et al (thanks!!).
sigh! back to the drawing board and read he forums one by one.
On the plus side, just discovered the new tools one can use on reading the forum …… cool as!

http://www.toutautre.blogspot.com/
A Year With Nessie ...... aka GM John Shaw's The King's Gambit (http://thekinggambit.blogspot.com.au/)

IP Logged

Keano
God Member

Money doesn't talk, it
swears.

Reply #202 - 09/25/15 at 05:41:06
Post Tools
GMTonyKosten wrote on 09/24/15 at 22:26:03:
You should be able to easily see whether there are new posts in the French sub-boards - the 'dot' is greyed if not, blue if yes.

Aha. I hadnt noticed that tbh  Embarrassed  This does make a big difference!

IP Logged

GMTonyKosten
YaBB Administrator

Mr Dynamic?

Reply #201 - 09/24/15 at 22:26:03
Post Tools
Keano wrote on 09/24/15 at 15:20:25:
The thing is normally I am browsing for new posts - say in the French, and now the mountain of sub-forums complicates matters.

You should be able to easily see whether there are new posts in the French sub-boards - the 'dot' is greyed if not, blue if yes.

IP Logged

Keano
God Member

Money doesn't talk, it
swears.

Reply #200 - 09/24/15 at 15:20:25
Post Tools
GMTonyKosten wrote on 09/22/15 at 10:29:51:
Really? Why do you find it annoying? It is surely much easier to find the opening you are looking for?

It took me months adding the new sections and moving all the posts to their new places! Sad

The thing is normally I am browsing for new posts - say in the French, and now the mountain of sub-forums complicates matters.

I can see the idea but I really preferred the old way. Maybe a review depending on post count/traffic would be worth it because some sub forums are surely not required.

Just my opinion!!

IP Logged

Jupp53
God Member

be

Reply #199 - 09/23/15 at 13:36:59
Post Tools
GMTonyKosten wrote on 09/22/15 at 10:29:51:
Keano wrote on 09/21/15 at 20:47:56:
Not sure if this is the right place, and not sure if being contrary here - but I find the new system of breaking up each forum into sections quite annoying.

Really? Why do you find it annoying? It is surely much easier to find the opening you are looking for?

Can we go back to the old way?

It took me months adding the new sections and moving all the posts to their new places! Sad

Maybe you have to translate: "Es Recht zu machen jedermann, ist eine Kunst, die keiner kann." (J.P. Hebel) It's the end of a story. Father and son go to the market with a donkey. The father puts the son on the donkey's back. A man comes against and says: What a bad young chap. Let's his father walk. The son starts walking, the father starts riding. Another man: What a shame. The strong man let's his child walk. They both ride. The third man: The poor animal. Two strong humans can't walk! Father and son enter the market carrying the donkey.

The forum change is G R E A T.

Medical textbooks say I should be dead since April 2002.
Dum spiro spero. Smiley
Narcissm is the humans primary disease.

IP Logged

JEH
God Member

"Football is like Chess,
only without the dice."

Reply #198 - 09/22/15 at 10:37:22
Post Tools
I like the new structure too, although I usually find stuff with Google and site:chesspub.com in my search.

Rock on Tony  Cool

Those who want to go by my perverse footsteps play such pawn structure with fuzzy atypical still strategic orientations

Clowns to the left of me, jokers to the right, stuck in the middlegame with you

IP Logged

GMTonyKosten
YaBB Administrator

Mr Dynamic?

Reply #197 - 09/22/15 at 10:29:51
Post Tools
Not sure if this is the right place, and not sure if being contrary here - but I find the new system of breaking up each forum into sections quite annoying.

Can we go back to the old way?

IP Logged

Seeley

Reply #196 - 09/21/15 at 22:11:47
Post Tools

Can we go back to the old way?  Sad

As they say, if it aint broke don't fix it...

Actually, I really like the new system of organisation. I can find material that interests me without having to wade through tons of stuff that doesn't - but it's a matter of taste, I suppose  Smiley

IP Logged

Keano
God Member

Money doesn't talk, it
swears.

Reply #195 - 09/21/15 at 20:47:56
Post Tools

Can we go back to the old way?  Sad

As they say, if it aint broke don't fix it...

IP Logged

Smyslov_Fan
YaBB Moderator
Correspondence fan

Progress depends on the
unreasonable man. ~GBS

Reply #194 - 11/06/14 at 18:08:40
Post Tools
Yup. Renaming the original post doesn't rename the posts that were already made, but it will rename all future posts in that thread. So, the person originating a thread can also rename it.

IP Logged

GMTonyKosten
YaBB Administrator

Mr Dynamic?

Reply #193 - 11/03/14 at 20:04:09
Post Tools
proustiskeen wrote on 11/03/14 at 18:19:21:
How can an admin rename a topic?

I think you have to rename the first post.

IP Logged

proustiskeen
God Member

Hello from Omaha!

Reply #192 - 11/03/14 at 18:19:21
Post Tools
How can an admin rename a topic?

IP Logged

fling
God Member

I Love ChessPublishing!

Reply #191 - 10/21/14 at 17:15:23
Post Tools
Hm, weird. Yes, I use Chrome, but it has worked fine before. I'll try to see if I can find what has changed. Thanks for the answers!

IP Logged

GMTonyKosten
YaBB Administrator

Mr Dynamic?

Reply #190 - 10/21/14 at 09:24:55
Post Tools
fling wrote on 10/20/14 at 17:20:05:
I usually open threads by pressing ctrl + click on the links to open the thread in an new tab. That worked before and normally works in any browser. However, after the update I think, it won't work. Well, it actually didn't work at first, worked for sometime a few weeks ago, and now it doesn't again... Any idea what happened?

TalJechin wrote on 10/20/14 at 20:08:58:
I just tried that (usually I just click with the wheel) and it worked in Chrome at least. Maybe you've changed your settings or your browser has changed the default perhaps...

Yes, that's a browser thing, it works for me on any link on any page in MSIE and Firefox as well as Chrome.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 16
Topic Tools
Bookmarks: del.icio.us Digg Facebook Google Google+ Linked in reddit StumbleUpon Twitter Yahoo