Latest Updates:
Normal Topic Reason for a ban? (Read 2547 times)
ghenghisclown
God Member

Pedicare Vestri Latin

Re: Reason for a ban?
Reply #4 - 12/05/12 at 19:51:35
Post Tools
GMTonyKosten wrote on 12/02/12 at 21:56:36:
ghenghisclown wrote on 12/02/12 at 00:50:43:
Just to be clear, this was a link to a youtube video, or was the video itself an ad for internet services/third chess paysite?

He was advertising his own Youtube videos, I've no idea if there is anything else as I didn't look.
We are having to deal with a lot of spammers since registration was again made free to anyone, but fortunately the Moderators are doing a good job of deleting their trace fairly quickly.

Yes, I see - thanks for the reply.

"Experience is a dim lamp, which only lights the one who bears it."

IP Logged

GMTonyKosten
YaBB Administrator

Mr Dynamic?

Reply #3 - 12/02/12 at 21:56:36
Post Tools
ghenghisclown wrote on 12/02/12 at 00:50:43:
Just to be clear, this was a link to a youtube video, or was the video itself an ad for internet services/third chess paysite?

He was advertising his own Youtube videos, I've no idea if there is anything else as I didn't look.
We are having to deal with a lot of spammers since registration was again made free to anyone, but fortunately the Moderators are doing a good job of deleting their trace fairly quickly.

IP Logged

ghenghisclown
God Member

Pedicare Vestri Latin

Reply #2 - 12/02/12 at 00:50:43
Post Tools

"Experience is a dim lamp, which only lights the one who bears it."

IP Logged

GMTonyKosten
YaBB Administrator

Mr Dynamic?

Reply #1 - 11/29/12 at 15:57:59
Post Tools
There's a clear ban on Ads for other sites, look at the 'Advertisements for other sites/forums' thread, and you also agreed not to do this when you accepted the Registration Agreement.
It also looks like you made 5 pointless posts in quick succession just to be able to add an image to your post.

IP Logged

daviddol
YaBB Newbies

I Love ChessPublishing!

Reason for a ban?
11/29/12 at 12:02:03
Post Tools
Hello everyone,
is there anyone who can explain me why I got banned for posting a link to a Youtube chess video about the evergreen game in the general chess section of this forum? I was also asking for comments about that game and the video... Huh

Thanks in advance!  Smiley

IP Logged

Bookmarks: del.icio.us Digg Facebook Google Google+ Linked in reddit StumbleUpon Twitter Yahoo