Latest Updates:
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 
Topic Tools
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) ChessBase 12 has arrived! (Read 71599 times)
Biffo
YaBB Newbies

Re: ChessBase 12 has arrived!
Reply #29 - 12/18/12 at 11:07:19
Post Tools
GMTonyKosten wrote on 12/17/12 at 22:38:57:
Biffo wrote on 12/16/12 at 10:51:18:
I find that I cannot load the teak board squares, my favourite board design.

Worked OK for me, although the difference between this and Maple does not seem that great to me.

Yes, I didn't want to post again and seem overly obsessive about this Smiley but the great truth has dawned on me that although there is now very little difference between teak and maple they are supposed to be different designs i.e. teak is the new maple 2.  I suppose the old teak was thought to be too austere for 'modern' tastes and another brighter tone was required. The downside is that board designs now lack consistency  between the two current products CB12 and Fritz 13, obviously this is only important if you have a particular liking for the 'old' teak design as I have.

IP Logged

Vass
God Member

I Love ChessPublishing!

Reply #28 - 12/17/12 at 22:43:08
Post Tools
Michael Ayton wrote on 12/17/12 at 19:28:11:
Amazingly, it is just the same with my antique ChessBase 8.0!

Yet another proof that life is a spiral..  Grin

IP Logged

GMTonyKosten
YaBB Administrator

Mr Dynamic?

Reply #27 - 12/17/12 at 22:38:57
Post Tools
Biffo wrote on 12/16/12 at 10:51:18:
I find that I cannot load the teak board squares, my favourite board design.

Worked OK for me, although the difference between this and Maple does not seem that great to me.

IP Logged

GMTonyKosten
YaBB Administrator

Mr Dynamic?

Reply #26 - 12/17/12 at 21:18:50
Post Tools
John Bartholomew wrote on 12/16/12 at 00:08:38:
some of the new features are pretty cool (cloud analysis, deep position search, etc.).

I've just tried this (the cloud thingy) but didn't seem to get too far, kept saying I was a guest although I seemed to be logged in.

IP Logged

Michael Ayton
God Member

‘You’re never alone with
a doppelgänger.’

Reply #25 - 12/17/12 at 19:28:11
Post Tools
Amazingly, it is just the same with my antique ChessBase 8.0!

IP Logged

Vass
God Member

I Love ChessPublishing!

Reply #24 - 12/17/12 at 19:01:57
Post Tools
OMG! Never thought of that..  Shocked
And reading help pages is not my favourite occupation, ..obviously..
While working with two fingers...just to make a move.. Maybe we'll need both hands to make moves in the future, who knows?!  Roll Eyes

IP Logged

Biffo
YaBB Newbies

Reply #23 - 12/17/12 at 15:11:55
Post Tools
Maybe I just wanted to play f2-f3, after all..  Huh [/quote]

Hello Vass,
I only found this out recently but, when you are clicking on the square say f3, if you right click at the same time i.e. while holding down the left button, the squares with the pieces that can move there are sequentially highlighted.  When the right piece is highlighted just release the left button, (see Enter Moves in Help Index).

IP Logged

Vass
God Member

I Love ChessPublishing!

Reply #22 - 12/17/12 at 08:00:38
Post Tools
I wish you good luck then! You'll need it..
It seems to me Chessbase release their products according to the "modern" approach today - first release, users test it, then updates are coming..
I, for one, still wonder where to change the 'inputting moves' option from 'aggressive' to 'normal'..
This thing really annoys me.. You know, on a new board after inputting 1.e4 e5 and then clicking on the f3-square...the knight is springing from g1 on f3 immediately.. (Well, that was fast!  Grin) What if I prefer this knight first to ask me before springing? Maybe I just wanted to play f2-f3, after all..  Huh

IP Logged

Biffo
YaBB Newbies

Reply #21 - 12/16/12 at 21:29:18
Post Tools
Vass wrote on 12/16/12 at 12:21:38:
Then, welcome to this wonderful forum, Biffo!  Wink
Why don't you try Ctrl+Alt+O (set the main program options), then just go to the "Design" tab, press the "Board Design" button and click on the "Colour schemes" rollbar? Then the second option from the drop down menu (under "Maple") is maybe what you are searching for. ...I hope!
Roll Eyes

Thanks for the welcome and prompt reply Vass.  You weren't to know but I've had Chessbase since CB8 and am pretty familiar with the set-up controls.  I've tried to get the teak via both the Ctrl+Alt+O and the Board\Square route. I can get all the other designs but when I select teak I get maple, i.e. a second maple.   I haven't tried a re-install yet but I have done a repair from the CB12 CD, all to no effect.  I've put in a query to Chessbase and will wait  to see what they have to say.  When I have a moment (it's an irritant not a big issue) I will try a registry clean-up on my Dell XPS and then possibly a re-install of CB12.

IP Logged

Vass
God Member

I Love ChessPublishing!

Reply #20 - 12/16/12 at 12:21:38
Post Tools
Then, welcome to this wonderful forum, Biffo!  Wink
Why don't you try Ctrl+Alt+O (set the main program options), then just go to the "Design" tab, press the "Board Design" button and click on the "Colour schemes" rollbar? Then the second option from the drop down menu (under "Maple") is maybe what you are searching for. ...I hope!
Roll Eyes

IP Logged

Biffo
YaBB Newbies

Reply #19 - 12/16/12 at 10:51:18
Post Tools
Hello everyone, this is my first post after just joining the forum.
I have just purchased and installed Chessbase 12 and have come across a small but irritating problem.  I find that I cannot load the teak board squares, my favourite board design.  These were still available in Chessbase 11 when I had that program installed alongside CB12 and also available in my copy of Fritz 13.  I have activated the program and updated to the latest version (update 4) on the server, but still no teak!
Anyone else have the same issue?

IP Logged

GMTonyKosten
YaBB Administrator

Mr Dynamic?

Reply #18 - 12/16/12 at 00:28:36
Post Tools
I've just tried to update CB12 and discovered that my version was 1 and the latest is 4 - I'm surprised that they don't update their download so that it is always the latest version.
Anyway, hopefully I can copies games from one base to another now!

IP Logged

proustiskeen
YaBB Moderator

Hello from Omaha!

Reply #17 - 12/16/12 at 00:24:26
Post Tools
I'm sticking with 10 on my main computer, but toying around with 12 on my notebook. Smiley

IP Logged

John Bartholomew
YaBB Newbies

Reply #16 - 12/16/12 at 00:08:38
Post Tools
I've had CB 12 for about a week. Extremely buggy thus far. Random crashes, problems inputting variations and annotations, and a laggy Reference database.

It's a shame, as some of the new features are pretty cool (cloud analysis, deep position search, etc.).

IP Logged

GMTonyKosten
YaBB Administrator

Mr Dynamic?

Reply #15 - 12/15/12 at 23:52:44
Post Tools
Vass wrote on 12/15/12 at 18:27:31:
Am I the only one that perceive some mixed emotions coming through your last posts? 

Well, yes, it's true that my initial excitement quickly turned to annoyance, but I'll definitely give it some more tries to try to find the improvements.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 
Topic Tools
Bookmarks: del.icio.us Digg Facebook Google Google+ Linked in reddit StumbleUpon Twitter Yahoo