Latest Updates:
Normal Topic PGN icon battle (Read 1298 times)
CanadianClub

Greetings from Catalonia!

Re: PGN icon battle
Reply #2 - 12/18/12 at 20:16:15
Post Tools
PGN icons use a dynamic style of life ...  Cheesy

IP Logged

Vass
God Member

I Love ChessPublishing!

Re: PGN icon battle
Reply #1 - 12/18/12 at 12:13:31
Post Tools
Well, it depends on what program on your PC is 'responsible' for opening pgn files after you simply double click upon a pgn. Usually, every chess related program that you install on your PC gets these pgn files 'under its wing' without prompting you. But it is easy to change. Right click on a certain pgn, then from the context menu choose "Open with" and then on the next menu "Choose program". Then you'll have to browse to C:\\Program Files\ "Your favourite chess program" (say, Chessbase 10)\chessbase.exe (the main executive file of the program). Click on it, press "Open" from the menu on the right and then on the next window you'll have to check "Always use the selected program to open this kind of file" option. Then you confirm with the OK button, restart the computer...and voila..
The result is that if you double click on a certain pgn file, it will be open in the GUI you've chosen (say Chessbase 10). And yes, the icons, they will be always your favourite ones..
...And yes, it's annoying..  Smiley
But I use Chessbase 11 for the pgn files and I like my icons very much.  Cool

IP Logged

GMTonyKosten
YaBB Administrator

Mr Dynamic?

PGN icon battle
12/18/12 at 01:46:41
Post Tools
I use PGN files a lot, and I get used to their form and colour in Windows Explorer. However, every year or so this changes, and just recently it has changed a lot: to the CB11 skewed square one, then back to CB10's white/grey square with a king inside, then Hiarcs Explorer's colourful square with a king inside, and just recently it has become a black circle with '12' written on it! Roll Eyes
Is it just me who finds this annoying?

IP Logged

Bookmarks: del.icio.us Digg Facebook Google Google+ Linked in reddit StumbleUpon Twitter Yahoo