Latest Updates:
Normal Topic Noobish Chess Base Question (Read 2228 times)
E4Ever
YaBB Newbies

I Love ChessPublishing!

Re: Noobish Chess Base Question
Reply #2 - 04/19/13 at 06:15:59
Post Tools
thanks!

IP Logged

Stigma
God Member

There is a crack in everything.

Re: Noobish Chess Base Question
Reply #1 - 04/16/13 at 09:50:29
Post Tools
There are a couple of ways.

- Make sure you have the position you want to search for on the current board; either by playing through a game up to the position or by starting a new game and inserting the moves manually. Then mark or open the database you want to search through and press Ctrl+F for search. In the search dialogue, choose "Position" and "Copy board", then OK.

This way you could also limit the position search further with a rating range, years, player name etc. in the "Game data".

- Alternatively, and maybe more simply, designate the database you want to search as your "Reference-DB" (by right-clicking on it and choosing "Properties"), then play through a game up to the position in question, and press the "Reference" tab in the top right of the board window.

Edit: This is what I do in good old Chessbase 9; there may be some differences in newer versions.

Improvement begins at the edge of your comfort zone. -Jonathan Rowson

IP Logged

E4Ever
YaBB Newbies

I Love ChessPublishing!

Noobish Chess Base Question
04/16/13 at 06:16:04
Post Tools
Hello, I just ordered the gold package. Unbelievable to be able to go through so many annotated games!

I was hoping to do research on the queen sacrifice discussed in Popov vs Mamdedov in the Dragons section. I downloaded the games to my chess base reader. Unfortunately, I don't know ho to search my database of games by position?

Thanks!

cliffs: how in chess base do you search by position

IP Logged

Bookmarks: del.icio.us Digg Facebook Google Google+ Linked in reddit StumbleUpon Twitter Yahoo