Latest Updates:
Hot Topic (More than 10 Replies) Most instrutive Ruy Lopez games (Read 9480 times)
bragesjo
God Member

Long live the Nimzo Indian

Re: Most instrutive Ruy Lopez games
Reply #13 - 01/29/15 at 13:48:30
Post Tools
I have also become interested in Exchange variation too. I even read one of Nunns book with Lasker game. Many black players does not seem to play critical lines against it even if over 2000 elo. I have also become interested in Ruy Lopez Berlin with 4 Nc3 so now I dont even know what to play anymore.

IP Logged

TN
YaBB Moderator

Re: Most instructive Ruy Lopez games
Reply #12 - 01/29/15 at 05:09:45
Post Tools
Since you mentioned the d3 Ruy Lopez, modern classics include Yu-Kramnik from the 2014 Qatar Masters. But there are simply so many high level games in the opening that you can't really go wrong by looking up a particular position in the database and filtering out the top-level games to play through, including the hard-fought draws in the Berlin endgame. Movsesian-Almasi from the 2012 Istanbul Olympiad was another great game.

All our dreams come true if we have the courage to pursue them.

IP Logged

chandrashekharkoravi

I Love ChessPublishing!

Reply #11 - 01/10/15 at 10:45:13
Post Tools
Crapov wrote on 10/11/14 at 15:39:00:
chandrashekharkoravi wrote on 10/01/14 at 05:24:36:
This is a old game but i found it instructive..I have made a pgn of video of Goletiani-Stop Your Opponents Best Moves!

Well done chandra

Thanks a lot....

IP Logged

Crapov

Reply #10 - 10/11/14 at 15:39:00
Post Tools
chandrashekharkoravi wrote on 10/01/14 at 05:24:36:
This is a old game but i found it instructive..I have made a pgn of video of Goletiani-Stop Your Opponents Best Moves!

Well done chandra

IP Logged

bragesjo
God Member

Reply #9 - 10/11/14 at 09:29:41
Post Tools
Sorry, I did not read the replies that good. I will check the links.

I decided to renew chesssubsusctiption and choosed 1 e4 e5, Open sicilian and Nimzo Benoni and no other sections.

I have also borrowed an interesting book about Berlin Wall from and friend. The introduktion section looks realy great and would possibly improve my endgame understanding. I will however not read the theoretical section.

IP Logged

bragesjo
God Member

Reply #8 - 10/04/14 at 10:12:44
Post Tools
Thnkas for the replies.

Unfortuanlly my subscription account ended one or two moths ago and I have still not decided on the section part.
I had to many sections before. The section I liked most was the  Nimzo and Benoni section but other sections to choose are a bit tricky.
I play 1 e4 with with white and e6 based Sicilians with black so Open sicilians is a strong candidate and e5 is a common reply to 1 e4. 1 e4 .. section and Dragon section have I not decided over yet and need to think it over-

IP Logged

IMJohnCox
God Member

I Love ChessPublishing!

Reply #7 - 10/04/14 at 08:35:20
Post Tools
chandrashekharkoravi's game is really good and well annotated; really worth clicking on for anyone who hasn't. I think it's still because of this game that ...Bb7 is frowned on. And the ...f6....Nf7 she recommends at one point, btw, is Rubinstein's plan - pays to know the classics! Marin covers this very well.

IP Logged

IMJohnCox
God Member

I Love ChessPublishing!

Reply #6 - 10/04/14 at 08:22:33
Post Tools
Collecting them might be tiresome, but the former world correspondence champion Zagarovsky was a real virtuoso of the closed Ruy with d5 and a massive kingside attack.

Otherwise, as said, Keres with Black, Fischer and Karpov with White, etc. Karpov-Unzicker springs to mind (Ba7!). And Marin's Spanish book is beautifully conceptual, though more theoretical than you seem to have in mind.

For the d3 set-ups it might be best to go modern, since it's more fashionable now than for a long time. Modern games have a nasty habit of being too well-contested to be easily accessible for instruction, though (although one I can recommend that certainly doesn't have this defect is Kobalia-Cox).

IP Logged

chandrashekharkoravi

I Love ChessPublishing!

Reply #5 - 10/01/14 at 05:24:36
Post Tools

Model_game.pgn ( 12 KB | 250 Downloads )

IP Logged

bragesjo
God Member

Reply #4 - 07/30/13 at 10:08:16
Post Tools
Thanks for the book tips, I will add them to my to buy list!
I am not stuying open theory anymore, my focus right now are middlegames and endgames so they would fit perfectly!

The classical games are the type of games I am looking for, I like to study old wch matches and old masters and also well annotated modern games.

About the chesspub database I discovered that it was possible to order by date and there are several older games there as well.

IP Logged

Benoniac

Don`t become what you
hate

Reply #3 - 07/29/13 at 20:44:55
Post Tools
kylemeister wrote on 07/29/13 at 19:28:27:
Yup, "Dynamics of Chess Strategy."

Thats it!

Thx Kylemeister.  Smiley

People dont live or die, people just float
B Dylan

IP Logged

kylemeister
God Member

Reply #2 - 07/29/13 at 19:28:27
Post Tools
Yup, "Dynamics of Chess Strategy."

IP Logged

Benoniac

Don`t become what you
hate

Reply #1 - 07/29/13 at 19:00:34
Post Tools
[quote author=203023252731282D420 link=1375109547/0#0 date=1375109547]

I already have a White repertour based in Carlsen lazy d3 system an I am not interested of latest theoetical developments, I did rather see some nice games to increase my positional understandning,

I dont know your strenght, but: Then why not just study the classics? For example Keres and early Karpov whith the white spanish pieces. They should know one thing or fiftheen  Smiley

Also the forgotten Leonid Stein played Spanish much of his career.  And also with "your" : c3,d3 against the Breyer if Im not rembember it wrong. The book "Leonid Stein, master of risk strategy" contains some 14 white games of his.

And sure, there must be plenty of other player who could teach you "positional spanish" .

All the best

Ben

Oh.. And I just remembered a book by Jansa who has a pretty nice and instructive chapter on the spanish. Cant recall the title though, sorry...   

People dont live or die, people just float
B Dylan

IP Logged

bragesjo
God Member

Most instrutive Ruy Lopez games
07/29/13 at 14:52:27
Post Tools
I recently upgraded my subscription acount to include e4 e5 section and I was wondering if anynone can recommend specific instruktive games to look at?

I already have a White repertour based in Carlsen lazy d3 system an I am not interested of latest theoetical developments, I did rather see some nice games to increase my positional understandning, including in the c3 d4 based lines and lines not in my repertour.

A nice games I found was Caruana-Radjabov 2013 in Jänish gambit that I filtered since Jänish is played by some members in my local club, I even changed my repertoar after  6 .. Bc5 after looking at this game since it looks lika a safe += position.

IP Logged

Bookmarks: del.icio.us Digg Facebook Google Google+ Linked in reddit StumbleUpon Twitter Yahoo