Latest Updates:
Normal Topic KID against the saemich (other than the panno) (Read 4489 times)
ErictheRed
God Member

USCF National Master

Re: KID against the saemich (other than the panno)
Reply #2 - 10/07/13 at 16:15:26
Post Tools
The immediate 6...c5 is still thought, more or less, to be Black's best reply to the Saemisch King's Indian.  6...e5 is certainly playable as well, but I personally thing that it plays into White's hands a bit--White's play is easier here than in other lines. 

For a less popular alternative, I'd recommend Byrne's system, ...c6, ...a6, and ...Nbd7, which is very flexible.  Black can strike out with ...b7-b5, ...e7-e5, or even ...c7-c5 depending on how White plays.

6...a6!? is interesting as well, when you can choose a Panno, a Byrne, or some kind of ...c5/Benkoish line depending on what White does.

IP Logged

kylemeister
God Member

Re: KID against the saemich (other than the panno)
Reply #1 - 10/07/13 at 16:12:34
Post Tools
Well, the most prominent line over about the last two decades has been 6....c5. 
I have the impression that 6...e5 7. d5 has been viewed since the '90s as falling into the "+= with best play" category.
There are a few other "book" possibilities of course, such as the Byrne system (...c6, ...a6) and stuff with ...Nbd7 and ...c5.

IP Logged

Thenazgul
YaBB Newbies

I Love ChessPublishing!

KID against the saemich (other than the panno)
10/07/13 at 15:42:42
Post Tools
hello,
i have been building my black repertoire against d4 and found out that i like most of the positions except for the panno against the saemich! (which is the recommended line in most of the books against the saemich) and the similar variation against the fianchetto lines by white.
Nc6, a6, Rb8, b5 ...
i just dont feel comfortable playing this plan ... so is there any other GOOD alternative that black has at his disposal ? e5 used to be popular but not anymore, any reason why? and if not e5, then what can be played?
thank you in advance for your feedback!

IP Logged

Bookmarks: del.icio.us Digg Facebook Google Google+ Linked in reddit StumbleUpon Twitter Yahoo