Latest Updates:
Normal Topic Move order issue with Marin's repertoire.. (Read 6108 times)
raja

I Love ChessPublishing!

Re: Move oder issue with Marin's repertoire..
Reply #8 - 11/03/13 at 17:56:40
Post Tools
kylemeister wrote on 11/03/13 at 17:10:20:
I remembered you as having had an ultra-tactical novelty in the Najdorf or something like that.  But some of what you have said (case in point, being concerned about facing a tempo-down Old Indian setup) seems to indicate some kind of deficit in general (opening) background. 

I can understand what you mean....
actually it was because i did not even realize that it was tempo down of Old indian.....once u pointed out that..every thing was clear.... Smiley

IP Logged

kylemeister
God Member

Reply #7 - 11/03/13 at 17:10:20
Post Tools
I remembered you as having had an ultra-tactical novelty in the Najdorf or something like that.  But some of what you have said (case in point, being concerned about facing a tempo-down Old Indian setup) seems to indicate some kind of deficit in general (opening) background.

IP Logged

raja

I Love ChessPublishing!

Reply #6 - 11/03/13 at 16:36:56
Post Tools
kylemeister wrote on 11/03/13 at 15:56:50:
I don't know what is in Marin's books about an Old Indian setup; certainly White could play in an English way against it (and perhaps be slightly better).

It sounds as though you might consider something like Fundamental Chess Openings (van der Sterren).

LOL i am not that bad at openings...Cheesy only new to this English setups...thats why confused...

I got 2 of my novelties  published in Nic year book 2 times... Cheesy

Anyways thanks for your help

IP Logged

kylemeister
God Member

Reply #5 - 11/03/13 at 15:56:50
Post Tools
I don't know what is in Marin's books about an Old Indian setup; certainly White could play in an English way against it (and perhaps be slightly better).

It sounds as though you might consider something like Fundamental Chess Openings (van der Sterren).

IP Logged

raja

I Love ChessPublishing!

Reply #4 - 11/03/13 at 13:38:00
Post Tools
Btw has Marin  explained  Oldindian setup in his c4 repertoire? if no then where to learn that setup ? Roll Eyes

Is there any english setup against Old indian available..? or do i have to play old indian main lines with d4 move included?

IP Logged

raja

I Love ChessPublishing!

Reply #3 - 11/03/13 at 12:53:05
Post Tools
Thanks a lot buddy....i am totally satisfied with your idea...but it worries me that now i also have to learn Old Indian despite a tempo down...

IP Logged

kylemeister
God Member

Reply #2 - 11/03/13 at 05:51:02
Post Tools
1.c4 Nf6 2.g3 g6 3.Bg2 c6 looks like Black wants to reach the ultra-solid ...c6 Grünfeld.  Offhand I thought of 4. e4 d5 5. cd cd 6. e5 Nd7 7. d4 and 4. Nc3 d5 5. cd cd 6. Qb3 as tries by White to do better than that; I see that both have been tried (by a fellow GM) against John Nunn.

On 1.c4 Nf6 2.g3 e6 3.Bg2 Be7 4. Nf3 Black is surely not going to play ...d6 and ...e5, which could result in an Old Indian a tempo down.

IP Logged

raja

I Love ChessPublishing!

Reply #1 - 11/03/13 at 05:12:00
Post Tools
Same problem also arises after...

1.c4 Nf6 2.g3 e6 3.Bg2 Be7!?

again the same dilemma of ..which knight to move...

if..4.Nf3 black can play d6 and e5

and if 4.Nc3 black can play d5 and c6...and now that we already moved our knight to c3 square...b3 and Bb2 setup does not look sensible.. Sad Undecided

IP Logged

raja

I Love ChessPublishing!

Move order issue with Marin's repertoire..
11/03/13 at 04:07:55
Post Tools
rHi....i am having great fun studying Marins repertoire for 1.c4.....i have some issues with move oder which i found when playing in internet....i wish any other Marins followers could guide me...

1.c4 Nf6 2.g3 g6 3.Bg2 and now if black plays 3..c6!?

what to do?

because..white i feel white has to make the decision of which Knight to move now!

if white plays 4.Nf3....black can transpose into systems with d6 and e5..where actually the Knight belongs to e2 square to form a botvinnik triangle setup

and if white plays 4.Nc3..black transposes into  Queens gambit systems by playing 4...d5....in which white has to play b3 ..Bb2 ..and Knight belongs to d2 square in these systems...

What to do..any help is much appreciated... Smiley
« Last Edit: 11/04/13 at 23:18:46 by Hadron »  

IP Logged

Bookmarks: del.icio.us Digg Facebook Google Google+ Linked in reddit StumbleUpon Twitter Yahoo