Latest Updates:
Normal Topic Budapest gambit (Read 4350 times)
ErictheRed
God Member

USCF National Master

Re: Budapest gambit
Reply #5 - 08/15/14 at 00:27:39
Post Tools

IP Logged

Roeczak
YaBB Newbies

I Love ChessPublishing!

Reply #4 - 07/31/14 at 17:21:25
Post Tools
Hello fling, I believe the line discovered here ( thread is called New Budapest book- search in google) only refutes the 7.a3 line. As white then has wasted a tempo to dislodge the bishop we can play Bxd2+ and reach a position between += and =, but the better player will win anyway. The other line with Bd6 remains unrefuted. @admins: Could you merge the two BG threads or make a sub-section?

IP Logged

fling
God Member

I Love ChessPublishing!

Reply #3 - 07/30/14 at 17:05:38
Post Tools
Sorry, I haven't had a look at the line. I guess I need to learn how to properly search the forum, because I can't...

IP Logged

fling
God Member

I Love ChessPublishing!

Reply #2 - 01/17/14 at 16:28:56
Post Tools
Great, thanks. I will have a look at that (I have to admit I really dislike the search function).

IP Logged

ErictheRed
God Member

USCF National Master

Reply #1 - 01/17/14 at 15:45:28
Post Tools
Dig around here, there was a thread with a convincing line that seemed to put Taylor's recommendation to rest.

IP Logged

fling
God Member

I Love ChessPublishing!

Budapest gambit
01/17/14 at 15:21:03
Post Tools
I actually started looking at the lines in Squeezing the Gambits a few weeks ago. I also looked some at Taylor's The Budapest Gambit. The lines recommended in Squeezing the Gambits look like they give an edge for White, even though Taylor's recommendation makes sense and might be pretty ok for Black. I haven't read Moskalenko's book, though, but still there seems like nothing particular for Black. Therefore, I was quite surprised to see it played twice in Tata Steel this year! Even more so, two wins for Black against strong opposition, and White seemingly not playing the most critical lines. Has anyone else had a look at this?

IP Logged

Bookmarks: del.icio.us Digg Facebook Google Google+ Linked in reddit StumbleUpon Twitter Yahoo