Latest Updates:
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 3 
Topic Tools
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) Modernized: The King's Indian Defence by Bojkov (Read 42175 times)
LGXIII
YaBB Newbies

I Love ChessPublishing!

Re: Modernized: The King's Indian Defence by Bojkov
Reply #21 - 05/20/14 at 20:24:33
Post Tools
kylemeister wrote on 05/20/14 at 17:56:26:
Mr. (or Count) O'Kelly hasn't been around for some time, mind you.

Yes, this is a symbolic apology, may everyone be in peace.

IP Logged

kylemeister
God Member

Reply #20 - 05/20/14 at 17:56:26
Post Tools
Mr. (or Count) O'Kelly hasn't been around for some time, mind you.

IP Logged

LGXIII
YaBB Newbies

I Love ChessPublishing!

Reply #19 - 05/20/14 at 17:51:43
Post Tools
belgian wrote on 05/20/14 at 16:44:34:
LGXIII wrote on 05/20/14 at 15:25:32:
O'Kelly awful book (the kasparov on the KID)

I think you mean Raymond Keene.

Yes, correct the wrong name came from the top of my head. Apologies to Mr. O'Kelly.  Embarrassed

IP Logged

kylemeister
God Member

Reply #18 - 05/20/14 at 17:25:42
Post Tools
BTW, in the last month of TWICs I noticed three games with that Classical line, with White players in the 2200-2300s.  Two of them played 10. Be3 (as far as I know, long considered suboptimal); the other played one of the old book main lines (10. Kh1 Nbd7 11. Bg5) but then quickly dropped a pawn.  Maybe this has to do with an "it's so old it's new" phenomenon.

IP Logged

belgian

Passionate about chess
and poker...

Reply #17 - 05/20/14 at 16:44:34
Post Tools
LGXIII wrote on 05/20/14 at 15:25:32:
O'Kelly awful book (the kasparov on the KID)

I think you mean Raymond Keene.

IP Logged

LGXIII
YaBB Newbies

I Love ChessPublishing!

Reply #16 - 05/20/14 at 15:25:32
Post Tools
ericmittens wrote on 05/19/14 at 16:55:05:
I got the book, I like it.
If you have his chessbase DVD then you'll be familiar with most of his recommendations against non-classical systems. I had never really looked at the dxe4 stuff in the classical mainline before but bojkov's coverage is quite good as far as I can tell and makes a nice case for black's chances. In the mainest of main lines he gives some improvements of kramnik-ponomariov dortmund 2011. I look forward to trying some of his lines over the board.

Thanks for the feedback  Smiley.

I have his DVD, I guess I will still get the book in the future to complete the collection : Bronstein, Gufeld, Bologan, Vigorito, MacNab (on the fiachetto), O'Kelly awful book (the kasparov on the KID), Kotronias ... Ufff ...

By the way, there is a nice chapter on the KID in Polgar's book 2 from QC. 

IP Logged

kylemeister
God Member

Reply #15 - 05/19/14 at 17:50:10
Post Tools
One might wonder if Bojkov appears to dispute the traditional "+= with best play" view of that way of playing against the Classical.  For example, Panczyk & Ilczuk in their book of about five years ago thought White could achieve that by means of 11. Bf4 (instead of 11. Be3 as played by Kramnik).

IP Logged

ericmittens

Molto bene

Reply #14 - 05/19/14 at 16:55:05
Post Tools
I got the book, I like it.
If you have his chessbase DVD then you'll be familiar with most of his recommendations against non-classical systems. I had never really looked at the dxe4 stuff in the classical mainline before but bojkov's coverage is quite good as far as I can tell and makes a nice case for black's chances. In the mainest of main lines he gives some improvements of kramnik-ponomariov dortmund 2011. I look forward to trying some of his lines over the board.

IP Logged

LGXIII
YaBB Newbies

I Love ChessPublishing!

Reply #13 - 05/19/14 at 11:21:28
Post Tools
Hello All !

Did anyone got the book ?

I usually don't play the system featured in the book versus the classical, but if the book is interesting, then it will certainly become a candidate to join my dust-catcher collection of good books  Grin.

Cheers,

IP Logged

Metropolitan Chess, Inc.
YaBB Newbies

I Love ChessPublishing!

Reply #12 - 05/13/14 at 19:15:48
Post Tools
Stigma wrote on 04/30/14 at 12:33:48:
The books from Britain (Quality/Everyman/Gambit/Batsford) are often available in Europe a month earlier than in the U.S. It's only fair it's the other way around once in a while!

Let's hope the book is worth the wait.

You can now buy the Modernized: The King's Indian Defense by Dejan Bojkov in Europe from the New In Chess website.

Let us know your feedback if you decide to purchase a copy. We take every comment, critique, or otherwise very seriously! Thank you.

IP Logged

Stigma
God Member

There is a crack in everything.

Reply #11 - 04/30/14 at 12:33:48
Post Tools
The books from Britain (Quality/Everyman/Gambit/Batsford) are often available in Europe a month earlier than in the U.S. It's only fair it's the other way around once in a while!

Let's hope the book is worth the wait.

Improvement begins at the edge of your comfort zone. -Jonathan Rowson

IP Logged

Metropolitan Chess, Inc.
YaBB Newbies

I Love ChessPublishing!

Reply #10 - 04/29/14 at 20:18:16
Post Tools
Anon wrote on 04/29/14 at 04:42:16:
It looks a really good book. Why is it only available for sale in the USA at the moment? Where can I buy on-line (ship to New Zealand)?

USCF Sales is currently shipping international. The book was printed in the US and is slowly being made available in international markets. You will find the book available by June at New in Chess as well.

IP Logged

Anon
YaBB Newbies

I Love ChessPublishing!

Reply #9 - 04/29/14 at 04:42:16
Post Tools
It looks a really good book. Why is it only available for sale in the USA at the moment? Where can I buy on-line (ship to New Zealand)?

IP Logged

Metropolitan Chess, Inc.
YaBB Newbies

I Love ChessPublishing!

Reply #8 - 04/25/14 at 09:47:52
Post Tools
Bibs wrote on 04/25/14 at 05:37:54:
It os always encouraging to see new chess publishing houses start up, and to see new tournaments too. Very best of luck with your endeavours!
Just as a friendly word, your website seems underdeveloped. While all roads may not actually lead to Rome, all links do seem to lead to Aronian.

Thanks for the suggestions; we will be rolling out with many website changes on both our websites in the coming 2-5 months. We also commissioned many new book titles -- so we'll be adding new titles to the list of our upcoming books from our end within the next month or so. Thanks for your patience.

When/if you pick up a copy of Modernized: The King's Indian Defense, any and all feedback (and critiques) are appreciated.

IP Logged

Bibs
YaBB Moderator

Reply #7 - 04/25/14 at 05:37:54
Post Tools
Metropolitan Chess, Inc. wrote on 04/24/14 at 23:05:57:
Bibs wrote on 04/23/14 at 13:53:26:
Aha, thank you Alias!
And they have a few other books on the way too. Good, good.

The book might be available for sale slightly earlier (around end of May) initially from New In Chess in Europe. The June date is a conservative time estimate. Because the books are printed in the US and have to be shipped overseas, by standard freight there is some delay in release in Europe as compared to the USA.

Feel free to write us with any other questions you might have, and we'll be happy to answer them.

It os always encouraging to see new chess publishing houses start up, and to see new tournaments too. Very best of luck with your endeavours!
Just as a friendly word, your website seems underdeveloped. While all roads may not actually lead to Rome, all links do seem to lead to Aronian.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 3 
Topic Tools
Bookmarks: del.icio.us Digg Facebook Google Google+ Linked in reddit StumbleUpon Twitter Yahoo