Latest Updates:
Normal Topic My opinion on subscription (Read 4743 times)
GMTonyKosten
YaBB Administrator

Mr Dynamic?

Re: My opinion on subscription
Reply #4 - 04/28/14 at 10:09:40
Post Tools
When the system was originally setup there was the choice between 1, 3 and all 12 sections, with the 3 section option the same price as two single sections, and the 12 section option the same price as 5 single sections, so that the more sections you took the cheaper it was (per section). When I took over I added a 6 section option (which is the same price as 3 1/2 single sections).
Very occasionally a subscriber wants 4 sections, but doesn't want to pay the extra $10/per year for the 6 section option. Unfortunately, the payment system doesn't accommodate this very well, but we can get around it with this awkward 'fix'.
Incidentally, the vast majority of subscribers take the 12 section options (which works out at somewhat less than $10 per individual section).

IP Logged

Bogojump

Chesspub

Reply #3 - 04/27/14 at 20:06:37
Post Tools
GMTonyKosten wrote on 04/27/14 at 09:49:34:
You can have 4 sections if you want: if you buy 1 new section (with a new username) then send an email to support@chesspublishing.com they will combine all 4 sections for you. Alternatively you can just send them the money with PayPal and let them know which other section you want.

Well thank you then.   Grin

"You must lead your opponent into a deep, dark forest, where 2 + 2 = 5 and
  where the path back out is only broad enough for one of you." (((Mikhail Tal)))

IP Logged

Bondefanger

I love ChessPublishing
.com!

Reply #2 - 04/27/14 at 11:27:18
Post Tools
At one point I contemplated subscribing to an extra section as well, but couldn't figure out how to do it. I came to the same conclusion as Bogojump, and gave up on it. (and I didn't want the extra section bad enough to actually write to you about it)

Perhaps it would be a good idea to write something about subscribing to one extra section on the "upgrade" page.

IP Logged

GMTonyKosten
YaBB Administrator

Mr Dynamic?

Reply #1 - 04/27/14 at 09:49:34
Post Tools
You can have 4 sections if you want: if you buy 1 new section (with a new username) then send an email to support@chesspublishing.com they will combine all 4 sections for you. Alternatively you can just send them the money with PayPal and let them know which other section you want.

IP Logged

Bogojump

Chesspub

My opinion on subscription
04/27/14 at 08:51:46
Post Tools
Hello

I subscribe on three sections here on chesspublishing.
If I would like to subscribe to 1 more section I have to subscribe to six sections (all in all) instead of 4. With other words I have to subscribe to sections I am less interested in or not interested in at all. I think that is wrong.

If I have subscribed to 3 sections I should be able to subscribe to the rest of the sections one by one.

I fully understand that the owners need money for their work. But why should I pay for things I dont want ?
Its like going to the shop buying milk. As long as you dont by a bread and butter you will not be allowed to buy milk.

Thanks

"You must lead your opponent into a deep, dark forest, where 2 + 2 = 5 and
  where the path back out is only broad enough for one of you." (((Mikhail Tal)))

IP Logged

Bookmarks: del.icio.us Digg Facebook Google Google+ Linked in reddit StumbleUpon Twitter Yahoo