Latest Updates:
Normal Topic ChessBase's Opening Trees always stop near move 26 (Read 3297 times)
brabo
God Member

Welcome chessfriend

Re: ChessBase's Opening Trees always stop near move 26
Reply #6 - 07/16/14 at 15:57:26
Post Tools
I just created a new openingbook from my own games. I used absolute length 100 (plies).

Below you see a screenshot so it works fine for me.

IP Logged

brabo
God Member

Welcome chessfriend

Reply #5 - 07/16/14 at 14:33:01
Post Tools
Well I am using the Fritz interface which maybe diverts from Chessbase 12 (I find it too expensive for the extra features.)

Also the method of creating the openingbook sounds very different of what you describe:
1) I select an openingbook (or create a new empty one) so it stands open
2) I select the option add games to the opening book
3) I select the path of the database to be used
4) I select the games of the database to be used (everything or only a selection) + choose between eco/absolute

Using only the + 2300 games from the Megadatabase, it took my computer a few hours to create the openingbook as described in my article : http://chess-brabo.blogspot.be/2013/08/green-moves.html
As progress was nicely shown, I didn't panic so let it smoothly execute the processes.

IP Logged

Marc Benford

I Love ChessPublishing!

Reply #4 - 07/16/14 at 12:39:33
Post Tools
Okay I just tried "Absolute Length" with the following numbers:
- Length: 9
- Length: 15
- Length: 20
- Length: 38
And it still always stops near move 26!

I also tried "ECO-Relative Length", and same problem: it always stops near move 26.

It seems to be simply ignoring whether I choose "Absolute Length" or "ECO-Relative Length" and what number I put for the "Length"...

IP Logged

brabo
God Member

Welcome chessfriend

Reply #3 - 07/16/14 at 12:02:19
Post Tools
Marc Benford wrote on 07/16/14 at 11:24:55:
I always choose "Absolute Length" and then I put a very big number like 400 for the "Length"... And it doesn't work.

I also tried to choose "Absolute Length" and then leaving the field "Length" blank. But that didn't work either...

I haven't tried it with such big number. Did you try with a normal number like 20? If you have chosen "Absolute length" then all variations should have the same depth = 20. Personally i believe one should fluctuate the depth of variations as mainlines go averagely much deeper than sidelines. Eco makes an automatic selection between mainline and sideline which I like (explaining the fluctuations you see in the length of the variations).

IP Logged

Marc Benford

I Love ChessPublishing!

Reply #2 - 07/16/14 at 11:24:55
Post Tools
I always choose "Absolute Length" and then I put a very big number like 400 for the "Length"... And it doesn't work.

I also tried to choose "Absolute Length" and then leaving the field "Length" blank. But that didn't work either...

IP Logged

brabo
God Member

Welcome chessfriend

Reply #1 - 07/16/14 at 07:06:24
Post Tools
See page 103 , chapter 3.3.10 of the Fritz Manual: http://fritzload.com/download/pdf/ManualFritz13.pdf

This works for me. Normally I use the eco-relative length as it makes no sense for me to include full games in an opening tree.

IP Logged

Marc Benford

I Love ChessPublishing!

ChessBase's Opening Trees always stop near move 26
07/15/14 at 23:24:04
Post Tools
Hello.

I have ChessBase 12 64Bit. To create an Opening Tree I do the following steps:
I click on "Mega Database 2014".
I filter all the 5.8 millions games like I want (for example, taking only the games where a specific player was White).
Right click > Edit > Select all.
Right click > Edit > Clip or unclip.
File > New > Database > Save as type: Books (*.CTG)
And then I drag the "Clip Database" to my newly created Opening Tree.
The newly created Opening Tree works fine.

But there is just one problem: all the games always stop near move 26 (sometimes at move 24, sometimes at move 28).

Why is that? And how can I fix this?

Thanks in advance for your answers.

IP Logged

Bookmarks: del.icio.us Digg Facebook Google Google+ Linked in reddit StumbleUpon Twitter Yahoo