Latest Updates:
Normal Topic Android Chess APPS (Read 2611 times)
fling
God Member

I Love ChessPublishing!

Re: Android Chess APPS
Reply #3 - 01/06/15 at 20:52:34
Post Tools
I fully agree with Bonsai. I use SCID on the go, and I think the apps from Chessbase are crap, but I use their Windows programs a lot.

I also like Gambit Studio because I find it the easiest for following nested variations. Chess PGN Master is also an app I like for its simplicity and for the relative ease I can follow nested variations in ebooks.

The Forward Chess app is something I use quite often, but only because the titles. I find the navigation really annoying, especially in chapters with many games or variations.

IP Logged

Bonsai
God Member

Reply #2 - 01/06/15 at 16:32:56
Post Tools
"SCID on the Go" - great database software for searching & reviewing games on the bus or train (or looking at some pgn e-books).

What I've been very disappointed with was the Chessbase playchess app, it's incredibly unstable and I kept on getting disconnected from the server - but the app does not tell you and forces you to wait out the remaining time on the clock. Then it tells you that you've won the game on time, when in fact on the server you've long ago been declared the loser of the game due to disconnecting. I really like their windows interface for playing on the server, but stay clear of the android app...

IP Logged

chandrashekharkoravi

I Love ChessPublishing!

Reply #1 - 01/06/15 at 16:16:14
Post Tools
I like Droidfish as its the best software I have seen for android it is much like a software as fritz in windows....After Droidfish I like Chessbase

IP Logged

chezzter

I Love ChessPublishing!

Android Chess APPS
01/05/15 at 07:40:10
Post Tools
What apps are your favorites, and why?

As for me, It's

Shredder Chess - Nice way to rate yourself offline
Chess PGN master - It's chessbase of Android (never mind the actual chessbase online - which is very basic in its approach)
Idea chess - for tactics puzzles.

IP Logged

Bookmarks: del.icio.us Digg Facebook Google Google+ Linked in reddit StumbleUpon Twitter Yahoo