Latest Updates:
Normal Topic Great article about chesspublishing.com (Read 4195 times)
Eliko
Ex Member

Re: Great article about chesspublishing.com
Reply #6 - 04/24/15 at 22:45:01
Post Tools
Great article..

IP Logged

proustiskeen
God Member

Hello from Omaha!

Reply #5 - 04/14/15 at 13:26:26
Post Tools
I'm curious what everyone thought of the review. Was it fair? Accurate?

IP Logged

dfan
God Member

"When you see a bad move,
look for a better one"

Reply #4 - 04/12/15 at 13:27:20
Post Tools
He also posts links to all his reviews on a thread on this site: http://www.chesspub.com/cgi-bin/chess/YaBB.pl?num=1359867902

IP Logged

Vass
God Member

I Love ChessPublishing!

Reply #3 - 04/12/15 at 12:56:24
Post Tools
As for the personal opinion of the author, I cannot post nothing here..
If you want to read this article, you'll have to buy the magazine!  Wink

IP Logged

Vass
God Member

I Love ChessPublishing!

Reply #2 - 04/12/15 at 12:50:21
Post Tools
Opening summary files (“ChessPub Guides”) are updated each month and made available in .pgn format. Some sections also have ebooks in .pdf and ChessBase formats, although these are not updated as regularly. At the time of writing there are 940 ChessPub Guides available, along with over 22,000 annotated games in the complete ChessPublishing.pgn archives.
There are four levels of paid membership. Access to one section is $19.50/year. Any three are available for $39, while six cost $69. A subscription to all 12 sections is $99 for the year. If updates are late, as sometimes happens, I have seen subscriptions be extended so that members receive 12 full updates.

IP Logged

Vass
God Member

I Love ChessPublishing!

Reply #1 - 04/12/15 at 12:44:32
Post Tools
ChessPublishing.com is a subscription-based opening analysis website owned and operated by Grandmaster Tony Kosten. The concept is simple. Recent games with opening innovations are annotated every month by leading theoreticians and sorted into sections. Each section update consists of approximately five to 10 games. Subscribers can purchase access to one or more sections, and they can view both the monthly updates and archived data while their subscriptions remain active. They can
also access their subscriptions through the Forward Chess app.
ChessPublishing.com divides its data into 12 sections. Because the way in which the sections are constructed is slightly idio-syncratic, let me list each section with its contents and its current author, and in the order that they appear on the web-site.
• 1. e4 e5 (ECO C20-C99): GM Victor Mikhalevski covers the full range of the open games.
• French (ECO C00-C19): No one knows the French better than IM John Watson, and he is your guide through the thickets of French theory.
• Dragon (ECO B27, B34-39 and B70-79): The ever-popular Sicilian Dragon gets its own section, and GM Chris Ward is its long-time editor.
• Open Sicilian (ECO B32-33, B40-49, B54-69 and B80-99): GM Michael Roiz is (at the time of writing) the highest rated section chief, and his updates cover all the non-Dragon open Sicilians.
• Anti-Sicilian (ECO B20-31 and B50-55): GM David Smerdon analyzes all of White’s attempts to avoid the open Sicilian. He is a particular expert in the 2. c3 lines.
• 1. e4 … (ECO B01-B19): The remaining defenses to 1. e4—Alekhine’s Defense, the Caro-Kann, the Pirc/Modern and the Scandinavian—are all found here, with new ideas carefully scrutinized by GM Neil McDonald.
• 1. d4 d5 (ECO D06-66 and E01-09): IM Max Illingworth analyzes innovations in the Queen’s Gambit (Accepted and Declined), the Slav, the Semi-Slav, and the Catalan.
• d-pawn specials (ECO A45-49 and D00-05): For the fanatics! Openings like the Colle, the London, the Torre and the Trompowsky are scrutinized by IM Richard Palliser. There is extensive coverage of the Blackmar-Diemer Gambit in the archives.
• King’s Indian (ECO A41-42, A53-55, A68-69 and E60-99): IM David Vigorito covers all the latest trends in the King’s Indian Defense. The Old Indian also appears here.
• Nimzo & Benoni (ECO A40, A43-44, A50, A56, A60-79 and E10-59): Many players pair the Nimzo-Indian with the Benoni in their repertoire, in part to avoid the Taimanov Benoni. GM John Emms covers both openings in this section, throwing in the newest ideas in the Queen’s Indian and the Bogo-Indian to boot.
• Daring Defenses (ECO A40, A50-52, A57-59, A80-99, B00, D08-09, D70-99 and E10): GM Glenn Flear treats some of the most dynamic defenses to 1. d4 in this section, including the Albin, the Benko, the Budapest, the Dutch and the Grünfeld.
• Flank Openings (A00-39): Site owner GM Tony Kosten covers all of the flank openings. 1. c4 and the Reti are the main subjects of inquiry, but the King’s Indian Attack, the Bird and Larsen’s 1. b3 are also analyzed here.

IP Logged

Vass
God Member

I Love ChessPublishing!

Great article about chesspublishing.com
04/12/15 at 12:36:58
Post Tools
Today, I was very happy to see an article in Chess Life magazine (April 2015), written by John Hartmann.
It is published under the heading of "Looks at Books" and it is called:
"Putting a Second in your Corner
Occasionally we expand this column to look past the world of books.
This month, we review ChessPublishing.com"

I cannot reproduce its text here because of the copyrights, but I'll post some excerpts about some well known facts, so that all the newcomers can read them.  Wink

IP Logged

Bookmarks: del.icio.us Digg Facebook Google Google+ Linked in reddit StumbleUpon Twitter Yahoo