Latest Updates:
Normal Topic Polugajewskij with 15...Dc7 and 15...Dxb2 (Read 2970 times)
aspij
YaBB Newbies

I Love ChessPublishing!

Re: Polugajewskij with 15...Dc7 and 15...Dxb2
Reply #2 - 05/27/15 at 13:25:20
Post Tools
In his book Grandmaster Preparation, Polugaevsky gives a detailed account of how he worked on his variation.
Great and clear explenations.

IP Logged

gramsci

I Love ChessPublishing!

Re: Polugajewskij with 15...Dc7 and 15...Dxb2
Reply #1 - 05/13/15 at 06:25:41
Post Tools
I remember reading "The Sicilian Laberinth" and end up convinced that the Polugayevsky Variation only works as a suprise weapon. If you want something different and riskier, why don't you try the "Improved  Polugayevsky" 7...Qc7, or Gelfand's 7...Nbd7 that I think fits better with your main reply, 6...Nbd7?
« Last Edit: 05/14/15 at 06:28:31 by gramsci »  

IP Logged

DenVerdsligeRejsende

I Love ChessPublishing!

Polugajewskij with 15...Dc7 and 15...Dxb2
05/13/15 at 02:46:30
Post Tools
As a years-long Najdorf player, I switched all over against 6. Lg5 before settling on 6...Sbd7. I quite like it, but was also thinking of adding another line just to have in the posession. The three pieces variation and a bunch of other lines seem fine theoretically for Black to me, but I am sure that 1. e4 players know them way too well.

So I was thinking of adding to my odd 6...Sbd7, which is already quite big theoretically, to add the Polugajewskij. I have Negi Grandmaster Repertoire Najdorf 6. Lg5, Goh Wei-Ming-Kevin book on 6. Lg5. I also started to read again NIC Yearbooks yesterday. I bought myself YB113 and it has an interesting article on the Polugajewskij in the first chapter on Surveys. It looks quite interesting, even though crazy. Nakamura features in a lot of games in the line, and he seems to get good positions.

Would 6...Sbd7 and Polugajewskij be a good combination to have ready for 6. Lg5 in tournaments? I never play correspondence, always OTB. How is Polugajewskij with 15...Dc7 and 15...Dxb2 holding up now til days? Anyone play it regularly in standard time control how do you like it?

I know that the Polugajewskij has a strange reputation, or at least, since I was young, everyone always said that it was suicide to play this variation, but I really think that it could be exaggeration. I already spent hours with Stockfisk and Komodo analysing other openings, so I am not foreign to using computers for days on one opening variation, but I would like more information before making the commitment.

IP Logged

Bookmarks: del.icio.us Digg Facebook Google Google+ Linked in reddit StumbleUpon Twitter Yahoo