Latest Updates:
Normal Topic Dzindzi-Indian : Crazy Benko/Fajarowicz Hybrid (Read 4315 times)
JEH
God Member

"Football is like Chess,
only without the dice."

Re: Dzindzi-Indian : Crazy Benko/Fajarowicz Hybrid
Reply #1 - 09/12/15 at 19:56:18
Post Tools
Great video! Chessexplained is a very entertaining channel   Smiley

Those who want to go by my perverse footsteps play such pawn structure with fuzzy atypical still strategic orientations

Clowns to the left of me, jokers to the right, stuck in the middlegame with you

IP Logged

Uberdecker
God Member

Dzindzi-Indian : Crazy Benko/Fajarowicz Hybrid
09/12/15 at 12:47:35
Post Tools
I just came across this video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GyJ6VpFqDYI of an internet blitz game where a GM whipped out this insane sequence as Black : 1. d4 Nf6 ; 2. c4 a6 (As I recall the standard idea is to use this defence as a transpositional tool to reach, depending on White's next move, either the Zaitsev variation of the Benko or a Modern Benoni with ...a6 and a4 included) 3. Nc3 but here instead of the usual 3. ...c5, Black came up with 3. ...b5 ; 4. cb ab ; 5. Nxb5 e5 !?!? ; 6. de Ne4 when White failed to respond adequately : 7. Qd4 ? Bb7 ; 8. e3 Na6 ; 9. Bd2 Bc5 ; 10. Qc4 and Black played the seemingly inaccurate 10. ...Qh4

The rest of the game is worth watching if only for White's uncontrollable laughter at getting mated in picturesque fashion after the time-scramble.

Surely Black's opening cannot be remotely sound from a theoretical perspective, but it is looks like it could be a very fun blitz/surprise weapon. It is certainly born of some interesting ideas. The main one being that the standard Fajarowicz counter is not available here : 7. a3 ? Bb4+
What do you think is white's best here ? 7. Nc3 and 7. Nf3 Bb4+ ; 8 Nd2 spring to mind. Or perhaps refraining from taking the second pawn with something like 6. e3 is simplest.

Chess is such a wonderfully rich game. When you think you've seen it all, you continue to stumble acroos novel ideas on move 2 or 3 !

IP Logged

Bookmarks: del.icio.us Digg Facebook Google Google+ Linked in reddit StumbleUpon Twitter Yahoo