Latest Updates:
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 
Topic Tools
Hot Topic (More than 10 Replies) FIDE World cup (Read 10146 times)
Confused_by_Theory
God Member

I Love ChessPublishing!

Re: FIDE World cup
Reply #1 - 09/21/15 at 14:29:24
Post Tools
Hi.

It is now that the tournament has reached the round of 8 that I think it starts getting interesting.

Caruana's two games against Mamedyarov (score ½/2) were disappointments for sure, but I think he will come back stronger next time. Nakamura going through against Adams (scoring 1½/2) is not unexpected after their first game, which Nakamura managed to win. Since the last post Topalov got eliminated after drawing Svidler as white. Always tough to win a must win game I guess.

Further Vachier Lagrave will probably win as black and with that advance against So with 1½/2. Also Wei may well beat Ding and take their match to tiebreak (which would be interesting to see).

Have a nice day.

Edit: Meant round of 8 of course (even though the number of players remaining are 16).

IP Logged

BenkoFan

I Love ChessPublishing!

FIDE World cup
09/21/15 at 13:34:02
Post Tools
Trying to find a thread on this on here. Please delete this if there already is one...

Otherwise - Caruana and Adams just knocked out. Topalov needs to win to stay alive.

Update: Topalov knocked out by Svidler!!

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 
Topic Tools
Bookmarks: del.icio.us Digg Facebook Google Google+ Linked in reddit StumbleUpon Twitter Yahoo