Latest Updates:
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) ChessBase 13 - serious bug?? (Read 22585 times)
GMTonyKosten
YaBB Administrator

Mr Dynamic?

Re: ChessBase 13 - serious bug??
Reply #43 - 03/26/19 at 12:02:37
Post Tools
an ordinary chessplayer wrote on 03/25/19 at 14:22:20:
verify:
  • menu - View - Arrange Main Windows - Maximize all = off
  • menu - View - Arrange Main Windows - Full Screen = off

Thanks for the help. Smiley I've tried turning all these on and then back off, but it doesn't make any difference.

If you get desperate:
  • menu - View - Default Layout - Factory Settings

The problem with this is that it resets all my user settings, doesn't it? I can't afford to lose my keyboard shortcuts, etc.

Do you have a laptop with an external monitor? Or maybe a VM? Since your "maximized" windows are not full size, it makes me suspect your screen resolution. Changing settings there (and then changing them back) might at least fix the small maximized issue, and get you regular maximized.

This might be it, I recently started using the new Dark default App mode and made the text 125%, I will change these back when I have a few spare moments and see.

In addition to ChessBase settings, there are Windows[R] settings, in three places.
  1. In the shortcut that starts ChessBase, right-click, Properties
    • Shortcut - Run = Normal window
    • Layout - Let system position window = false
  2. In the ChessBase window, click the control box in the upper left corner, Properties, then same as 1.

The shortcut properties seem OK, although I couldn't find 'Layout' and I didn't get Properties as an option when I clicked on the CB icon on the top left of the program.

IP Logged

an ordinary chessplayer

I used to be not bad.

Reply #42 - 03/25/19 at 14:22:20
Post Tools
No, I haven't seen this in ChessBase, but verify:
  • menu - View - Arrange Main Windows - Maximize all = off
  • menu - View - Arrange Main Windows - Full Screen = off

If you get desperate:
  • menu - View - Default Layout - Factory Settings

Do you have a laptop with an external monitor? Or maybe a VM? Since your "maximized" windows are not full size, it makes me suspect your screen resolution. Changing settings there (and then changing them back) might at least fix the small maximized issue, and get you regular maximized.

In addition to ChessBase settings, there are Windows[R] settings, in three places.
  1. In the shortcut that starts ChessBase, right-click, Properties
    • Shortcut - Run = Normal window
    • Layout - Let system position window = false
  2. In the ChessBase window, click the control box in the upper left corner, Properties, then same as 1.
  3. Windows[R] saves the settings like in 1 and 2 according to the command-line that started the program. Some programs, in addition to the Properties item in 2, have a Defaults item, so look for that.

The Properties and Default properties are supposed to be managed for you when you change the window, lately many programs stopped showing these menu items in the control box. In that case you would need to dig into the Registry to change them manually. Another way is to create a new shortcut and change the Properties there, but I don't know if that would fix any child windows that ChessBase creates. I uninstalled ChessBase 14 so I can't actually test any of this myself.

IP Logged

GMTonyKosten
YaBB Administrator

Mr Dynamic?

Reply #41 - 03/25/19 at 11:12:20
Post Tools
GMTonyKosten wrote on 06/30/18 at 09:02:01:
a new annoyance cropped up after the last 'Update': whenever i click on a game in a database it opens with a large text area and tiny, tiny board. If I make the board bigger it remembers this (just for this one open database) while I have the program open, but then forgets it the next time I open ChessBase. I seem to spend most of my time resizing the game boards. Angry

I have recently installed CB13 on a new computer, so it's the 64-bit version rather than the 32-bit version I was using before. Whenever I open a database or game it opens in a mid-size window but 'thinks' it is maximised! So, I can't move it or resize it, but need to first click on the 'Restore down' two squares icon on the title bar (next to the cross on the top right) before I can do anything with it. Undecided
As this happens every time I use it, with every window I open, it is starting to get a bit tedious! Has anyone else had this problem, does anyone know how to fix it?

IP Logged

SWJediknight
God Member

Alert... opponent out
of book!

Reply #40 - 07/01/18 at 13:37:21
Post Tools
Novadruid wrote on 11/12/16 at 22:32:40:
Does anyone know how turn off the square highlights when pieces move?

I just updated my ChessBase 13. When I move pieces sometimes there will be this small green border around the piece that was moved. I assumed it was just highlighting it because it was the last move played, however, when I keep making moves, pieces that were moved sometimes 3+ moves ago, still have this very small green border highlight. Looking through options trying to turn it off. Not sure if this is just a bug or some new feature. If turn on "No scaling" feature in the "Board Design" option, that will get rid of it, however, the consequence is I no longer get to have my Maple colour scheme, as this gets switched off too.

This is quite annoying. The green border is small and hardly noticeable, however, once you notice it's there, you keep looking at it. Really hope they fix this in the next patch. Or maybe I just unwittingly turned on some setting I wasn't suppose to. I don't think I did, I never mess around with complex settings.

Yeah I get this problem too, it's a pain when copying and pasting chess diagrams and sometimes the squares have remnants of the green borders in them. 

Another annoyance is that when I check the online databases, I typically want to see the move, the number of games it was played in and the percentage score of the move, but after one of the updates it has kept inserting a "Transpositions" column and putting the percentage score off the side of the window, so I have to scroll right or turn off "Transpositions" in order to be able to see it again.  Turning off "Transpositions" only works for one session, so when I next start up ChessBase 13 I'm back to the defaults again, with the windows resized back to the default sizes, "Transpositions" visible and the percentages off the side of the window.

IP Logged

an ordinary chessplayer

I used to be not bad.

Reply #39 - 07/01/18 at 01:13:29
Post Tools
GMTonyKosten wrote on 06/30/18 at 09:02:01:
... whenever i click on a game in a database it opens with a large text area and tiny, tiny board. If I make the board bigger it remembers this (just for this one open database) while I have the program open, but then forgets it the next time I open ChessBase. I seem to spend most of my time resizing the game boards. Angry
Same here for CB14, but only for one of my databases (that I noticed).

Long ago we could select different board sizes by CTRL-1, CTRL-2, etc. Now those shortcuts do something else, but I still found CTRL-1 useful in this situation.

I did some hacking around in the .ini file for the one database, but I’m really not sure if that’s what fixed it. The very last thing I did though was open a game, arrange the board to a proper size, then save the game. Now the board behaves the way I want when I click on a game...

IP Logged

GMTonyKosten
YaBB Administrator

Mr Dynamic?

Reply #38 - 06/30/18 at 09:02:01
Post Tools
GMTonyKosten wrote on 10/31/16 at 09:04:56:
However, there is still the problem of the quickboard on the 'Database preview' on the main window. I can close it but it just comes back the next time I open ChessBase

I am now on CB13.38 and this still isn't fixed, and what's more a new annoyance cropped up after the last 'Update': whenever i click on a game in a database it opens with a large text area and tiny, tiny board. If I make the board bigger it remembers this (just for this one open database) while I have the program open, but then forgets it the next time I open ChessBase. I seem to spend most of my time resizing the game boards. Angry

IP Logged

Hadron

Doctor, Doctor, Doctor..When
will you ever learn?

Reply #37 - 03/27/17 at 22:51:25
Post Tools
I know it has been a while.....but I have been using 13.28 up until recently then it too started to mix-up a database following the use of the "sort" function.
To the person who said they had a reply back from Chessbase, you should thank your lucky stars you did. Technically, I got a reply back as well but that is where began and ended.
I wrote them an e-mail highlighting clearly that this is what their program was doing and that I could provide them evidence of such. Their reply was "It works at our end and I should've backed my database up"
I then wrote back them to saying "Yes, it works on some databases but not others" as per their log release 13.13" and that this error is not as repaired as they think. I also pointed out that Chessbase light 2009 (or CB10) was able to reorder and could they provide me with a copy of the licence I paid for at that time.
There response to this is......????.....well, I don't know. CB help desk auto reply e-mail claims a 24 hour turn around on all queries, my last e-mail was sent 6 days ago.
I have since sent another e-mail but given what as gone on, I do NOT have any high hopes.
I would like to give Chessbase the benefit of any doubt here as computer environments are not always universal, an operating system update here and an operating system update there can either have no significant side effects or it can bugger things absolutely. The thing is, as it stands, Chessbase are not even willing to have any sort of discourse on my issue to help me out.
I am NOT going to recommend you avoid Chessbase products, no not at all but what I would say is, by all means indulge in Chessbase products but very careful when it comes to upgrading. Keep all of your licences no matter how old !! Query all product upgrades! Back up your databases before using their products!!....Just be bloody careful......as getting any assistance from Chessbase is likely to be just as fraught with peril... Angry

I'm reminded again of something Short wrote recently, approximately "The biggest fallacy in chess is the quasi-religious belief in the primacy of the opening."

IP Logged

Novadruid
YaBB Newbies

Reply #36 - 11/12/16 at 22:32:40
Post Tools
Does anyone know how turn off the square highlights when pieces move?

I just updated my ChessBase 13. When I move pieces sometimes there will be this small green border around the piece that was moved. I assumed it was just highlighting it because it was the last move played, however, when I keep making moves, pieces that were moved sometimes 3+ moves ago, still have this very small green border highlight. Looking through options trying to turn it off. Not sure if this is just a bug or some new feature. If turn on "No scaling" feature in the "Board Design" option, that will get rid of it, however, the consequence is I no longer get to have my Maple colour scheme, as this gets switched off too.

This is quite annoying. The green border is small and hardly noticeable, however, once you notice it's there, you keep looking at it. Really hope they fix this in the next patch. Or maybe I just unwittingly turned on some setting I wasn't suppose to. I don't think I did, I never mess around with complex settings.

IP Logged

ChessMonkey

You may ask yourself,
well, how did I get here?

Reply #35 - 11/12/16 at 21:07:32
Post Tools
Hey guys,  I'm working in the Dvoretsky Endgame Manual (uploaded from a CD many moons ago) on CB13 (most recent build, #27) and noticed that I can't play thru the positions by pressing the F10 key which is what the text says to do, is there a workaround for this?  Haven't worked on this in a very long time as I've been spending my time on the Move by Move ebooks, but decided it was time to brush up on basics again after an embarrassing endgame gaffe.   

IP Logged

GMTonyKosten
YaBB Administrator

Mr Dynamic?

Reply #34 - 10/31/16 at 09:04:56
Post Tools
GMTonyKosten wrote on 06/01/16 at 09:20:58:
I just couldn't stand those quickboards appearing every time I opened a database and clogging-up my screen space!

Ok, now I've installed version 24, and at least the annoying quick board problem on open databases has been solved. However, there is still the problem of the quickboard on the 'Database preview' on the main window. I can close it but it just comes back the next time I open ChessBase, I can make it so small that I can't see it, but it still comes back the next time i open the program (although quite small).

IP Logged

Sylvester

Chess is the ultimate
game!

Reply #33 - 07/17/16 at 22:54:54
Post Tools
I having trouble sending a pgn file of a game using Chessbase 13 and the internet answers are not satisfactory.
I get the following MAPI error when I try to send a game as pgn.

There is no email program associated to perform the requested action.....

I use Outlook so I guess I will have to use something else. Any ideas about how to fix this problem?

IP Logged

GMTonyKosten
YaBB Administrator

Mr Dynamic?

Reply #32 - 06/01/16 at 09:20:58
Post Tools
GMTonyKosten wrote on 05/31/16 at 09:54:58:
One good thing about the latest versions of ChessBase

This wasn't enough to stop me from reverting to version 10, though, I just couldn't stand those quickboards appearing every time I opened a database and clogging-up my screen space! Roll Eyes

IP Logged

fling
God Member

I Love ChessPublishing!

Reply #31 - 05/31/16 at 18:17:34
Post Tools
Yes, that was good. It really annoyed me as well. I just can't believe it took them that much time to fix it...

IP Logged

GMTonyKosten
YaBB Administrator

Mr Dynamic?

Reply #30 - 05/31/16 at 09:54:58
Post Tools
One good thing about the latest versions of ChessBase is that they fixed the bug where game links merged into the text for the following move (so that if a move followed a game link, and there was text before it, this was also red and underlined). Smiley This was previously a little annoying on some of our playable eBooks, of course.
It only took more than ten years to get this fixed! Roll Eyes

IP Logged

GMTonyKosten
YaBB Administrator

Mr Dynamic?

Reply #29 - 05/27/16 at 15:23:29
Post Tools
GMTonyKosten wrote on 03/09/16 at 22:18:33:
I don't know, I assume that the bug appeared because ChessBase made alterations to the program so that it would work better with Win 10 ... and messed it up in Win 7!
Of course, I could be wrong, but I am happy using CB 13 Version 10 (which interestingly came out in July 2015 ... just before Windows 10 appeared!) Roll Eyes

Maybe I was wrong, even with ChessBase version 21 and Windows 10 there is still the same bug - if you close the quick boards they come back again the next time you open ChessBase! Angry
Does anyone else have this problem, or know of a solution?

IP Logged

GMTonyKosten
YaBB Administrator

Mr Dynamic?

Reply #28 - 03/14/16 at 23:07:39
Post Tools
CB13 has just asked me if I want version 20, but I'm doubtful about 'upgrading' and then having the same problems with all those 'quick boards' once again. Anyone try it on Win 7? Undecided

IP Logged

GMTonyKosten
YaBB Administrator

Mr Dynamic?

Reply #27 - 03/09/16 at 22:18:33
Post Tools
Michael wrote on 03/06/16 at 10:42:54:
Is the problem there with Windows 10?

I don't know, I assume that the bug appeared because ChessBase made alterations to the program so that it would work better with Win 10 ... and messed it up in Win 7!
Of course, I could be wrong, but I am happy using CB 13 Version 10 (which interestingly came out in July 2015 ... just before Windows 10 appeared!) Roll Eyes
One thing that does annoy me, though, is the nag screen that appears every time I start CB 13, telling me there is an upgrade. Does anyone know a way of turning it off? Undecided

IP Logged

Michael
YaBB Newbies

Great investment - ChessPublishing!

Reply #26 - 03/06/16 at 10:42:54
Post Tools
Is the problem there with Windows 10?

IP Logged

GMTonyKosten
YaBB Administrator

Mr Dynamic?

Reply #25 - 02/14/16 at 10:09:18
Post Tools
GMTonyKosten wrote on 01/11/16 at 15:39:25:
They are back! I'm getting those 'sticky' quick boards again! It looks like I'm going back to version 10 again! Roll Eyes

I tried the latest CB13 again today, version 18, and I couldn't get rid of those annoying 'quick boards' yet again (on Win 7), so had to revert to version 10 once again! Angry

IP Logged

GMTonyKosten
YaBB Administrator

Mr Dynamic?

Reply #24 - 01/11/16 at 15:39:25
Post Tools
braincramp wrote on 12/14/15 at 21:50:38:
ChessBase 13, version 14 update was available today

They are back! I'm getting those 'sticky' quick boards again! It looks like I'm going back to version 10 again! Roll Eyes

IP Logged

mattchess
YaBB Newbies

I Love ChessPublishing!

Reply #23 - 12/15/15 at 19:51:11
Post Tools
Appears to have resolved my issues as well

IP Logged

dfan
God Member

"When you see a bad move,
look for a better one"

Reply #22 - 12/15/15 at 13:24:24
Post Tools
GMTonyKosten wrote on 12/15/15 at 10:38:44:
The ChessBase 13, version 14 update was available today

Has anyone dared try it yet?

I tried it (as braincramp did) and it is working fine for me.

IP Logged

GMTonyKosten
YaBB Administrator

Mr Dynamic?

Reply #21 - 12/15/15 at 10:38:44
Post Tools
The ChessBase 13, version 14 update was available today

Has anyone dared try it yet?

IP Logged

braincramp
YaBB Newbies

I Love ChessPublishing!

Reply #20 - 12/14/15 at 21:50:38
Post Tools
The ChessBase 13, version 14 update was available today. I noticed that it did appear to fix the sort order bug and you can now get rid of the unwanted preview window.

I hope nothing else got broken along the way!

Cheers

Braincramp

IP Logged

mattchess
YaBB Newbies

I Love ChessPublishing!

Reply #19 - 12/01/15 at 17:23:25
Post Tools
Thanks very much! 

I was able to download version 12 by replacing the 10 with 12 (the latest patch that broke CB13 for me was 13) and everything appears to be working properly again.

IP Logged

GMTonyKosten
YaBB Administrator

Mr Dynamic?

Reply #18 - 12/01/15 at 10:43:53
Post Tools
mattchess wrote on 11/30/15 at 16:00:28:
I don't appear to have a previous revision available - not sure how to revert Sad

This has been answered in a recent thread ... which seems to have moved all the way back to page 18! Angry YaBB should really get this bug fixed. Sad

proustiskeen wrote on 10/15/15 at 01:14:34:
1. Download this file for SP10:
http://download.chessbase.com/updates/C13/CB13_x64_10.txt

2. Rename the file from .txt to .exe

3. Install the SP and you're good to go.

This assumes that you're using a 64bit version of Chessbase.

and for 32 bit:

proustiskeen wrote on 10/15/15 at 15:36:57:

IP Logged

mattchess
YaBB Newbies

I Love ChessPublishing!

Reply #17 - 11/30/15 at 16:00:28
Post Tools
I don't appear to have a previous revision available - not sure how to revert Sad

IP Logged

GMTonyKosten
YaBB Administrator

Mr Dynamic?

Reply #16 - 11/30/15 at 11:25:57
Post Tools
mattchess wrote on 11/30/15 at 00:35:39:
I am also having issues ever since the last patch.  Hoping thdy release a new patch soon.

You should probably do like me and go back to the last version that worked for you. You just have to ignore the annoying pop-ups asking you to upgrade! Roll Eyes

IP Logged

mattchess
YaBB Newbies

I Love ChessPublishing!

Reply #15 - 11/30/15 at 00:35:39
Post Tools
I am also having issues ever since the last patch.  Hoping thdy release a new patch soon.

IP Logged

Keano
God Member

Money doesn't talk, it
swears.

Reply #14 - 11/26/15 at 19:36:08
Post Tools
GMTonyKosten wrote on 11/26/15 at 11:22:14:
It really is the 'killer App' for ChessBase. When you are playing through a game you can click on a button and immediately see what moves have been played in any given position, the percentage score, the transpositions, etc. It is better than the Reference button which uses your Reference base (MegaBase 2016, say) as it is so fast, and they also have a lot of important correspondence games in their base.
ChessBase stop this facility on older versions of their program so you have to buy a recent version (currently CB12 or 13). Sad

I see, it does sound good. You wouldnt need to keep your megabase up to date at all I suppose.

I'll not be forking out for it anytime soon though I'm afraid.

IP Logged

GMTonyKosten
YaBB Administrator

Mr Dynamic?

Reply #13 - 11/26/15 at 11:22:14
Post Tools
Keano wrote on 11/25/15 at 22:25:33:
out of interest whats the biggy there

It really is the 'killer App' for ChessBase. When you are playing through a game you can click on a button and immediately see what moves have been played in any given position, the percentage score, the transpositions, etc. It is better than the Reference button which uses your Reference base (MegaBase 2016, say) as it is so fast, and they also have a lot of important correspondence games in their base.
ChessBase stop this facility on older versions of their program so you have to buy a recent version (currently CB12 or 13). Sad

IP Logged

Keano
God Member

Money doesn't talk, it
swears.

Reply #12 - 11/25/15 at 22:25:33
Post Tools
GMTonyKosten wrote on 11/25/15 at 11:05:12:
I liked CB 10 the most, but at some point I decided to move to CB 13, mostly for the instantaneous online database searches.

out of interest whats the biggy there - save you having to update your own main database? an "online search" somehow fills me with dread, although I suppose it could be used as a kind of last checklist type thing to make sure no howlers are missed.

IP Logged

GMTonyKosten
YaBB Administrator

Mr Dynamic?

Reply #11 - 11/25/15 at 11:05:12
Post Tools
JEH wrote on 11/24/15 at 20:17:34:
I'm still on Chessbase 9

I liked CB 10 the most, but at some point I decided to move to CB 13, mostly for the instantaneous online database searches.

IP Logged

Keano
God Member

Money doesn't talk, it
swears.

Reply #10 - 11/24/15 at 22:19:47
Post Tools
good luck with that  Undecided

IP Logged

dfan
God Member

look for a better one"

Reply #9 - 11/24/15 at 20:25:13
Post Tools
Seeley wrote on 11/24/15 at 10:32:53:
braincramp wrote on 11/24/15 at 02:02:19:
I got a reply to my email from Chessbase today and they said the problem would be fixed in the next release.

I don't know whether your message from Chessbase made this clear or not, but does 'fixed in the next release' mean they'll do something about it as an update to CB13, I wonder, or does it mean they'll fix it in CB14?

I am sure that they mean that it will be in the next CB13 update.

IP Logged

Keano
God Member

Money doesn't talk, it
swears.

Reply #8 - 11/24/15 at 20:18:58
Post Tools
JEH wrote on 11/24/15 at 20:17:34:
I'm still on Chessbase 9 Smiley

stay there and dont move, just stay!

IP Logged

JEH
God Member

"Football is like Chess,
only without the dice."

Reply #7 - 11/24/15 at 20:17:34
Post Tools
I'm still on Chessbase 9 Smiley

Those who want to go by my perverse footsteps play such pawn structure with fuzzy atypical still strategic orientations

Clowns to the left of me, jokers to the right, stuck in the middlegame with you

IP Logged

Keano
God Member

Money doesn't talk, it
swears.

Reply #6 - 11/24/15 at 19:47:44
Post Tools
Every update to chessbase has been a disaster, I still remember Chessbase 4 when the program actually did what I wanted it to - wild card searches, no stupid long "indexes" which take ages to load and then dont do what they are supposed to.

IP Logged

Seeley

Reply #5 - 11/24/15 at 10:32:53
Post Tools
braincramp wrote on 11/24/15 at 02:02:19:
I got a reply to my email from Chessbase today and they said the problem would be fixed in the next release.

I don't know whether your message from Chessbase made this clear or not, but does 'fixed in the next release' mean they'll do something about it as an update to CB13, I wonder, or does it mean they'll fix it in CB14?

IP Logged

braincramp
YaBB Newbies

I Love ChessPublishing!

Reply #4 - 11/24/15 at 02:02:19
Post Tools

As an aside, if you look at the number of times an "upgrade" breaks things, vs the number of upgrades, it seems that there is about a 50% chance that any upgrade will break something! A few years ago I suggested that they have a beta test program, and even volunteered as a tester. They never took me up on it. I wish they would step up their quality control.

IP Logged

GMTonyKosten
YaBB Administrator

Mr Dynamic?

Reply #3 - 11/16/15 at 11:57:13
Post Tools
braincramp wrote on 11/15/15 at 13:55:59:
When I open the database and click on the Elo W column heading to sort the games by descending rating, I expect to get a bunch of games by Magnus Carlsen at the top. Instead the list starts with Topalov rated 2812.

I just tried this on CB13.10 and it worked fine.

braincramp wrote on 11/16/15 at 01:13:00:
If you examine the changelog.txt file in \program  files\chessbase\cbase13 you can see that they frequently break things as they go from one version to another. There are seven "regression" labels for the things that got broken along the way.

They seem to have broken a lot recently as apart from this there is the problem with the quickboards that I was complaining of. Sad
I suppose that it may be because they are trying to quickly make changes to both 32 and 64 bit versions so that everything works fine in Windows 10.

IP Logged

braincramp
YaBB Newbies

I Love ChessPublishing!

Reply #2 - 11/16/15 at 01:13:00
Post Tools
Thanks dfan - it is good to know that it is not just me. I will let ChessBase know and hopefully they can fix it.

If you examine the changelog.txt file in \program  files\chessbase\cbase13 you can see that they frequently break things as they go from one version to another. There are seven "regression" labels for the things that got broken along the way.

I don't think that ChessBase has a very robust beta test program in place.

IP Logged

dfan
God Member

look for a better one"

Reply #1 - 11/15/15 at 14:40:18
Post Tools
I just tried sorting Mega Database 2015 and got the same behavior. There's a list of games starting with Topalov 2812 and going down to unrated players, then starting again with Carlsen 2865 and going down to unrated players again, then starting again, etc. It's as if they forgot to run the last step of the merge-sort algorithm.

This is version 13.13 Nov 8 2015 according to the About text.

IP Logged

braincramp
YaBB Newbies

I Love ChessPublishing!

ChessBase 13 - serious bug??
11/15/15 at 13:55:59
Post Tools
While working with ChessBase 13 (recently upgraded to Version 13.13) and the just-released Mega Database 2016 I noticed some very strange behavior that affects sorting and filtering.

When I open the database and click on the Elo W column heading to sort the games by descending rating, I expect to get a bunch of games by Magnus Carlsen at the top. Instead the list starts with Topalov rated 2812.

I also run into problems when I try to filter for games with players who are under a certain rating. It does not include all games by players without a rating. I found this out by attempting to delete games played by those under 2100. When I delete the filtered games some games with players without ratings still remain.  There is no way to specifically filter for a blank rating (you can only enter valid numbers into the filter fields).

This behavior seems to be consistent for me when using any large (250,000+  game) database. It is also consistent on the two computers that I use for Chessbase 13 (both Windows 10, 64-bit. 16 Gb or more memory, fast CPU).

It does not occur with the free Chessbase Reader program which is based on Chessbase 12.

Would anyone else with CB 13 try the steps in my second sentence and post your results?

I contacted ChessBase support about a related problem before determining the real issues. Still no reply. I will be contacting them again tomorrow.

Many thanks

Braincramp

IP Logged

Bookmarks: del.icio.us Digg Facebook Google Google+ Linked in reddit StumbleUpon Twitter Yahoo