Latest Updates:
Normal Topic Beating the Anti-Sicilians by Gallagher (Read 2872 times)
ChevyBanginStyle

2 \infty & *CRUNCH*

Re: Beating the Anti-Sicilians by Gallagher
Reply #3 - 03/19/16 at 22:58:40
Post Tools
kylemeister wrote on 03/07/16 at 20:59:38:
From what I recall, his choice (or at least one of them) against 2. c3 was 2...Nf6 3. e5 Nd5 4. d4 cd 5. Nf3 e6 6. cd b6, which it seems isn't the height of fashion these days.  Apparently the last time it was addressed in Chess Publishing was Dec. 2014.

Kotronias detailed a repertoire for Black with this continuation in Chess Informants 121-122 in his "Muscle Up" series.

IP Logged

kylemeister
God Member

Reply #2 - 03/07/16 at 20:59:38
Post Tools
From what I recall, his choice (or at least one of them) against 2. c3 was 2...Nf6 3. e5 Nd5 4. d4 cd 5. Nf3 e6 6. cd b6, which it seems isn't the height of fashion these days.  Apparently the last time it was addressed in Chess Publishing was Dec. 2014.

IP Logged

RoleyPoley
God Member

I Love ChessPublishing!

Reply #1 - 03/07/16 at 20:13:14
Post Tools
TD wrote on 03/07/16 at 16:54:04:
Does anybody know if the repertoire choices in this book are still "valid" (I don't know a better English word) compared to the books by Rogozenko, Palliser and Kotronias?

And could somebody maybe give an index of variations?

Not sure how valid they would still be now but am also interested to find out. I can list the lines when i get time as i still have a copy. Was thinking of going back to them myself if i take up the dragon again next season as i play at a very low level and can probably get away with any of the problem lines. I do remember that around the time it was released at least one of the lines against the c3 sicilian was deemed to be bust.

"As Mikhail Tal would say ' Let's have a bit of hooliganism! '"

Victor Bologan.

IP Logged

TD

Feyenoord forever!

Beating the Anti-Sicilians by Gallagher
03/07/16 at 16:54:04
Post Tools
Does anybody know if the repertoire choices in this book are still "valid" (I don't know a better English word) compared to the books by Rogozenko, Palliser and Kotronias?

And could somebody maybe give an index of variations?

IP Logged

Bookmarks: del.icio.us Digg Facebook Google Google+ Linked in reddit StumbleUpon Twitter Yahoo