Latest Updates:
Normal Topic Thanks GM Dave Smerdon! (Read 3049 times)
RoleyPoley
God Member

I Love ChessPublishing!

Re: Thanks GM Dave Smerdon!
Reply #4 - 05/28/16 at 12:12:46
Post Tools
hopefully now that he isnt writing for the main part of the site, he will have more time to contribute in the forums  Wink

"As Mikhail Tal would say ' Let's have a bit of hooliganism! '"

Victor Bologan.

IP Logged

fling
God Member

I Love ChessPublishing!

Reply #3 - 05/09/16 at 05:42:17
Post Tools
Paddy wrote on 05/08/16 at 11:15:24:
Very disappointed to learn that DS is leaving us. His updates have been consistently interesting and informative, with a large amount of personal input in terms of opinions and original analysis.

I fully agree. However, I like Sam's updates as well and hope they'll be as informative.

IP Logged

Paddy
God Member

The truth will out!

Reply #2 - 05/08/16 at 11:15:24
Post Tools

Very disappointed to learn that DS is leaving us. His updates have been consistently interesting and informative, with a large amount of personal input in terms of opinions and original analysis.

IP Logged

nestor

Reply #1 - 05/07/16 at 16:16:42
Post Tools
I completely agree with WSS. We've been fortunate to have enjoyed a long run of stimulating ideas, analysis and commentary from Smurfo.

IP Logged

WSS

I Love ChessPublishing!

Thanks GM Dave Smerdon!
05/07/16 at 14:16:05
Post Tools
I'm very sorry to see your announcement that you will no longer be doing the Anti-Sicilian section for Chess Publishing as you "retire" from active chess to focus on your career.  Your writing style has been excellent and your enthusiasm was contagious.  We wish you the very best of success in your career.

As someone who followed a similar path with my own business career, I can say that you never completely "retire" from chess and we look forward to your return someday when the time is right.

We are very fortunate to have an expert like Sam Collins stepping in to replace you.

Best wishes!

IP Logged

Bookmarks: del.icio.us Digg Facebook Google Google+ Linked in reddit StumbleUpon Twitter Yahoo