Latest Updates:
Normal Topic Dealing with the Slav as a Colle Player (Read 2819 times)
Equinox
YaBB Newbies

I Love ChessPublishing!

Re: Dealing with the Slav as a Colle Player
Reply #2 - 05/11/16 at 19:30:25
Post Tools
Play c4 and seek a transposition to a Slav.

A typical line is:

1. d4 d5
2. Nf3 Nf6
3. e3 Bf5
4. c4 c6
5. Nc3 e6
6. Nh4... (immediately going after the bishop)

Books that cover this sort of stuff?

Zuke 'Em by David Rudel contains a whole chapter on this Slav position. And a portion of another chapter covers various deviations along the way.

The Colle: Move by move by Cyrus Lakdawala has a chapter on Slav and Semi Slav transpositions from a Colle move order.

Richard Palliser's two Starting Out books on the Colle and D-Pawn Attacks cover transpositions to similar lines too. Unfortunately the Slav lines are in the Colle book, and the Semi Slav lines are in the D-Pawn Attack book.  Roll Eyes

There's also Aaron Summerscales, A Killer Chess Opening Repertoire. Although he favours a side line with 5.cxd5 and 6.Qb3.

IP Logged

MartinC
God Member

I Love ChessPublishing!

Re: Dealing with the Slav as a Colle Player
Reply #1 - 05/11/16 at 08:14:21
Post Tools
Play c4 at some early stage Smiley There are a lot of good ideas in the 4 e3 Slav nowadays - lots of GM games - some at least quite ambitious.

IP Logged

Jsnow
YaBB Newbies

I Love ChessPublishing!

Dealing with the Slav as a Colle Player
05/11/16 at 06:12:46
Post Tools
Hi all,

So I like to play the different Colle's and seem to do well with them, but the Slav always seemed a tough nut to crack. I was wondering if anyone could recommend a good book that explains the ideas for white. It would be nice if it was a sharp attacking rep. Something that takes the Colle move order in mind. Oh and just wondering, what do my fellow Colle players like to do against the Slav. Thanks.

IP Logged

Bookmarks: del.icio.us Digg Facebook Google Google+ Linked in reddit StumbleUpon Twitter Yahoo