Latest Updates:
Normal Topic "Modernes Skandinavisch" by Wahls (Read 3079 times)
TD
God Member

Feyenoord forever!

Re: "Modernes Skandinavisch" by Wahls
Reply #3 - 06/05/16 at 18:25:17
Post Tools
Keano wrote on 06/05/16 at 15:55:14:
I had a German book by Wahls 20 years back. I think its all one and the same thing derived from that unless I'm mistaken.

That's the book(s) I was referring to. Coincidentally I had them both in my hands today at the bookstore from Schaakboek.nl at the Open Kampioenschap van Utrecht, but I decided not to buy them also. For 2nd and 3rd move deviations I need to buy one of the new(er) books.

IP Logged

Keano
God Member

Money doesn't talk, it
swears.

Reply #2 - 06/05/16 at 15:55:14
Post Tools
I had a German book by Wahls 20 years back. I think its all one and the same thing derived from that unless I'm mistaken.

That book was very good but the binding of the pages was poor and eventually they all fell out.  Sad

IP Logged

Seeley

Reply #1 - 06/03/16 at 11:15:45
Post Tools
I think I'm correct in saying that the English book you refer to is a translation of the second German volume. Volume 1 does have some material on second- and third-move deviations by White, but the bulk of the book is taken up with analysis of play after 3.Nc3 Qa5. The problem with volume 1 is that Wahls himself later considered the move order he recommends – which involves delaying development of the king's knight – to be very dangerous for Black in view of one particular variation. So dangerous, in fact, that he thought it advisable for Black to avoid it altogether, and volume 2 details his revised recommendations in the light of this.

IP Logged

TD
God Member

Feyenoord forever!

"Modernes Skandinavisch" by Wahls
06/03/16 at 10:50:27
Post Tools
Do "Modernes Skandinavisch" 1 & 2 by Wahls offer anything extra compared to "The Modern Scandinavian" by Wahls, Muller & Langrock?

I also have "The 3...Qd8 Scandinavian" by Lowinger, but no "basic" theoretical overview with 2nd and 3rd move deviations.

IP Logged

Bookmarks: del.icio.us Digg Facebook Google Google+ Linked in reddit StumbleUpon Twitter Yahoo