Latest Updates:
Normal Topic Playing the Grunfeld (Read 3001 times)
proustiskeen
God Member

Hello from Omaha!

Re: Playing the Grunfeld
Reply #1 - 06/03/16 at 20:57:34
Post Tools
I don't think the promised update from Svidler has appeared.

If you're looking for material beyond the excellent work by Flear here, Avrukh's books are a natural suggestion and I liked Vigorio's Chess Developments book on the Grunfeld.

IP Logged

cheese111
YaBB Newbies

I Love ChessPublishing!

Playing the Grunfeld
06/03/16 at 16:43:16
Post Tools
For all of my playing career I have played the King's Indian, but recently I have been considering switching to a defense that suits my style better. I enjoy playing open, tactical positions and I feel that the Grunfeld would be a good match for my style, apart from having a good theoretical standing.

If I do decide to take up the Grunfeld, I would be using the chess24 series by Svidler. I have a few questions related to that as well as the Grunfeld in general. IIRC there was an update released of the series by Svidler recently. Is that included in the video series? Additionally, is there anything apart from Chesspublishing that it would be useful to have as a supplement? Any other questions, comments, or concerns that are related are appreciated. By the way, my FIDE rating is around 2200 if that is relevant.
Thanks in advance.

IP Logged

Bookmarks: del.icio.us Digg Facebook Google Google+ Linked in reddit StumbleUpon Twitter Yahoo