Latest Updates:
Normal Topic Best books for Black for playing vs the Catalan? (Read 5921 times)
KestonyChess
YaBB Newbies

I Love Chess!

Re: Best books for Black for playing vs the Catalan?
Reply #3 - 08/17/16 at 18:57:20
Post Tools
Try GM repertoire against The Catalan - Delchev. I think year is 2015, its a great read!

IP Logged

GabrielGale

Who was Thursday?

Reply #2 - 07/01/16 at 10:15:29
Post Tools
I just posted the following on another thread:
I just noticed this on CB's website:
Power Play Vol.23 and 24 by  Daniel King
Quote:
DVD1:
The Queen’s Gambit Declined (QGD) is one of the most reliable openings against 1 d4. With a rock of a pawn in the middle of the board, Black refuses to be pushed over in the centre. Establishing central control gives Black good chances to launch an attack against the enemy king. On this DVD Grandmaster Daniel King offers you a repertoire for Black with the QGD. The repertoire is demonstrated in 10 stem games, covering all White’s major systems: 5 Bg5, 5 Bf4, and the Exchange Variation.

Quote:
The Catalan is a reliable opening for White, but there are ways for Black to shake White out of his complacency while still maintaining a sound and solid position himself. On this DVD Grandmaster Daniel King offers you a repertoire for Black against the Catalan, based around maintaining the rock of a pawn on d5. Keeping central control ultimately gives Black good chances to launch an attack against the enemy king. The repertoire is demonstrated in 10 stem games with the system 1 d4 d5 2 c4 e6 3 Nf3 Nf6 4 g3 Bb4+. The check proves somewhat awkward for the smooth flow of White’s development. All three of White’s responses (5 Bd2, 5 Nbd2, 5 Nc3) are examined. 4...Bb4+ has been played by Magnus Carlsen of late and has been regularly and successfully employed most notably by Anand and Spassky. A system against the Reti/English 1 Nf3 d5 2 c4 e6 3 g3 is also provided.

I have no idea how old/new these are. CB does not provide date of publication. But I reckon it is 2016.

http://www.toutautre.blogspot.com/
A Year With Nessie ...... aka GM John Shaw's The King's Gambit (http://thekinggambit.blogspot.com.au/)

IP Logged

Bibs
God Member

Reply #1 - 06/08/16 at 04:54:05
Post Tools
Gustafson on chess24.
Hands down.
Organized and clear.
Delivers well and has a charmingly wry manner.

IP Logged

grandpatzer

I Love ChessPublishing!

Best books for Black for playing vs the Catalan?
06/07/16 at 22:27:33
Post Tools
What are, if any, the best books for Black for dealing with the Catalan? I mean repertoire books, but also books with lots of explanatory ideas, so that Black can decide what to play...

IP Logged

Bookmarks: del.icio.us Digg Facebook Google Google+ Linked in reddit StumbleUpon Twitter Yahoo