Latest Updates:
Normal Topic Sveshnikov vs. the Anti-Sicilians (Read 5180 times)
Stigma
God Member

There is a crack in everything.

Re: Sveshnikov vs. the Anti-Sicilians
Reply #1 - 07/09/16 at 11:02:06
Post Tools
grandpatzer wrote on 07/09/16 at 07:00:56:
In the intro to chapter 14 (the Anti-Sveshnikov), at page 171, the author writes after 1.e4 c5 2.Nf3 Nc6 3.Nc3. "Now, after 3...Nf6, 4.Bb5!? is unpleasant for Black, and Black also has plenty of problems after 4.d4 cxd4 5.Nxd4 e5 6.Nbd5". Well, isn't this the... Sveshnikov Sicilian??  Shocked

I am puzzled.  Undecided

AFAIK Sveshnikov has changed his mind in recent years and switched to the Kalashnikov, which he now believes is stronger than "his" Sveshnikov.

I read somewhere that Sveshnikov vs. the Anti-Sicilians is part of a repertoire series, with separate volumes on the Rossolimo and the Kalashnikov forthcoming.

Improvement begins at the edge of your comfort zone. -Jonathan Rowson

IP Logged

grandpatzer

I Love ChessPublishing!

Sveshnikov vs. the Anti-Sicilians
07/09/16 at 07:00:56
Post Tools
At page 8 we see a diagram... and it's the position after 1.e4... c6 (!), instead of the Sicilian. I think it's an unforgivable printing blunder. (No, it's not a short section on the Caro-Kann, in some way related to the book, it's a blunder.)

In the intro to chapter 14 (the Anti-Sveshnikov), at page 171, the author writes after 1.e4 c5 2.Nf3 Nc6 3.Nc3. "Now, after 3...Nf6, 4.Bb5!? is unpleasant for Black, and Black also has plenty of problems after 4.d4 cxd4 5.Nxd4 e5 6.Nbd5". Well, isn't this the... Sveshnikov Sicilian??  Shocked

I am puzzled.  Undecided

IP Logged

Bookmarks: del.icio.us Digg Facebook Google Google+ Linked in reddit StumbleUpon Twitter Yahoo