Latest Updates:
Normal Topic Learning c3 against Sicilian. Best book? (Read 3480 times)
TN
God Member

Re: Learning c3 against Sicilian. Best book?
Reply #4 - 07/15/16 at 21:16:58
Post Tools
I would think that the ChessPublishing Antis column would be hard to beat. Lots of annotated Alapin games, even decent novelties for the top guys.

All our dreams come true if we have the courage to pursue them.

IP Logged

Paddy
God Member

The truth will out!

Reply #3 - 07/15/16 at 11:33:05
Post Tools
I agree - I'd always recommend Emms's book as the very best starting point. (I won 800 euros in an international open by using one of his lines.)

However, 2 c3 has now acquired its own extensive theory, some of it very concrete, and it can no longer be regarded as a short-cut.

A transitional approach might be to learn and play 1 e4 c5 2 Nf3 e6 3 c3 and see if you feel that the positions suit you, while playing your previous repertoire against other second moves by Black.

IP Logged

tipau

I Like ChessPublishing!

Reply #2 - 07/14/16 at 08:25:05
Post Tools
The Starting Out book by John Emms is very good and gives several White options in the main lines.

FIDE: ~2100

IP Logged

RoleyPoley
God Member

I Love ChessPublishing!

Reply #1 - 07/13/16 at 18:54:59
Post Tools
Pingudon wrote on 07/13/16 at 17:33:03:
Hi I give up. So many variations against the sicilian. I am not a pro player and I do not have enough time to study. Please tell me a good book to learn it well from scratch.

If you are looking for books, both of Collins' repertoire books cover it. He also has a chess explained book in the opening and I seem to remember a book by rozentalis which was very popular about 15 years ago but maybe dated now.

Sveshnikov has written a large book on the opening, and is supposed to be very good...I just don't know how suitable it is for those new to the opening.

"As Mikhail Tal would say ' Let's have a bit of hooliganism! '"

Victor Bologan.

IP Logged

Pingudon

Hi chess friends!!

Learning c3 against Sicilian. Best book?
07/13/16 at 17:33:03
Post Tools
Hi I give up. So many variations against the sicilian. I am not a pro player and I do not have enough time to study. Please tell me a good book to learn it well from scratch.

GTalk  
IP Logged

Bookmarks: del.icio.us Digg Facebook Google Google+ Linked in reddit StumbleUpon Twitter Yahoo