Latest Updates:
Normal Topic KID Resources (Read 3132 times)
AntonioAg
YaBB Newbies

I love hotchicks.com!

Re: KID Resources
Reply #6 - 11/01/16 at 03:03:33
Post Tools
CanadianClub wrote on 10/27/16 at 07:26:06:
Mastering the King's Indian Defense, by Bellin & Pozzeto. Old, a good soure as a guide how to handle the opening, more than an opening source. In that aspect is like Bronstein' suggestion above. Lots of games, well annotated, and for me it's not a problem if there two or three blunder/misconceptions. It would be a problem if this was a real opening source because you are going to follow it blindly, but as an idea-focused book... it's ok.

It seems new Smirin's book is something like that, ideas and experiences with the KID, but in a modern/actual way. Very nice.

And if you like videos also, the series on chess24 by Robin van Kampen are very vere good.

I think once you have in mind what to play, you need to play and test it (blitz games are fantastic for that, to check new openings). And play through as much annotated games (by titled players) as you can.

Good luck !

Bronstein's book was good, however I find it odd that he ignored blunders in many parts of the book.

IP Logged

CanadianClub

Greetings from Catalonia!

Reply #5 - 10/27/16 at 07:26:06
Post Tools
Mastering the King's Indian Defense, by Bellin & Pozzeto. Old, a good soure as a guide how to handle the opening, more than an opening source. In that aspect is like Bronstein' suggestion above. Lots of games, well annotated, and for me it's not a problem if there two or three blunder/misconceptions. It would be a problem if this was a real opening source because you are going to follow it blindly, but as an idea-focused book... it's ok.

It seems new Smirin's book is something like that, ideas and experiences with the KID, but in a modern/actual way. Very nice.

And if you like videos also, the series on chess24 by Robin van Kampen are very vere good.

I think once you have in mind what to play, you need to play and test it (blitz games are fantastic for that, to check new openings). And play through as much annotated games (by titled players) as you can.

Good luck !

IP Logged

AntonioAg
YaBB Newbies

I love hotchicks.com!

Reply #4 - 10/27/16 at 00:38:14
Post Tools
Bronstein book's on the King's Indian is nice, it was my first book ever, however if you are going to read it or already red it I would recommend you to go trough the games with an engine after watching them/analyzing by yourself, cause there are some flaws in the annotations and evaluation Bronstein gives.

For example, in the first game of the second chapter "White takes on e5" against Kotov his game was around equal up to move 20, however he missed Nf6 which was equal and played something else.
Also 13...Nc5 was a pretty strong move instead of his 13...Nge5 yet he doesnt mention anything there.  Undecided

IP Logged

kylemeister
God Member

Reply #3 - 10/11/16 at 18:12:29
Post Tools
I dare say that is plenty ...

IP Logged

VKap
YaBB Newbies

I Love ChessPublishing!

Reply #2 - 10/11/16 at 17:42:35
Post Tools
alyechin wrote on 10/11/16 at 16:38:21:
David Bronstein: Bronstein On the King's Indian
Publisher: Everyman Chess; 1st edition (August 1, 1999)
Paperback: 208 pages
ISBN-10: 1857442652
ISBN-13: 978-1857442656

Forgot to mention, i have this one as well and its my favorite chess book in general. His annotations are amazing.

So that should be enough for now correct?

IP Logged

alyechin

I Love ChessPublishing!

Reply #1 - 10/11/16 at 16:38:21
Post Tools
David Bronstein: Bronstein On the King's Indian
Publisher: Everyman Chess; 1st edition (August 1, 1999)
Paperback: 208 pages
ISBN-10: 1857442652
ISBN-13: 978-1857442656

IP Logged

VKap
YaBB Newbies

I Love ChessPublishing!

KID Resources
10/11/16 at 15:43:27
Post Tools
Currently, i have these books..

1. Attacking Chess: King's Indian Vol 1 & 2 by Vigorito
probably going to be using these as references.

2. Joe Gallagher's Play the Kings Indian

3. Smirin's Kings indian book is on the way

Are these books good enough for now as a 1900 USCF player or should i buy more? Thanks.

IP Logged

Bookmarks: del.icio.us Digg Facebook Google Google+ Linked in reddit StumbleUpon Twitter Yahoo