Latest Updates:
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 
Topic Tools
Hot Topic (More than 10 Replies) My Secrets in the Ruy Lopez by Portisch (Read 21501 times)
grandpatzer

I Love ChessPublishing!

Re: My Secrets in the Ruy Lopez by Portisch
Reply #2 - 06/11/17 at 16:15:37
Post Tools
Did Portisch play the Steinitz vs the Ruy (old or deferred) regularly in his career? It seems to me that he was more of a "main lines" (Breyer or other) player...

IP Logged

CarriedbyGg

I Love ChessPublishing!

Re: My Secrets in the Ruy Lopez by Portisch
Reply #1 - 06/11/17 at 14:00:19
Post Tools
I like it so far. He's dealing with all different variations, starting wih the Exchange and there is a mixture between his own games and important ones. What was interesting for me is that he uses a lot of space to Steinitz lines (old and new ones), not a lot on the absolute main lines in the Spanish. I believe this is vergin ground for chess books? Or at least, these lines are not that popular anymore.

I really like the stories and his commentary, too.

I have the e-Version, and for like 10€, it's really nice!

IP Logged

grandpatzer

I Love ChessPublishing!

My Secrets in the Ruy Lopez by Portisch
06/11/17 at 11:37:53
Post Tools
A book by the legendary Lajos Portisch is certainly an event in chess literature. I've seen the PDF excerpt and it seems to me that it is in the form of reasonably deeply annotated games (not necessarily all of them having been played by Portisch). Who has bought / seen the book, to this day? A short review should be much appreciated.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 
Topic Tools
Bookmarks: del.icio.us Digg Facebook Google Google+ Linked in reddit StumbleUpon Twitter Yahoo