Latest Updates:
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 
Topic Tools
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) Site needs clean up badly! (Read 21230 times)
Jupp53
God Member

be

Re: Site needs clean up badly!
Reply #8 - 09/21/19 at 11:42:11
Post Tools
Dragon wrote on 09/19/19 at 20:59:52:
I mean I paid for this, it's not something where one can subscribe for free.

May I add that those days not everybody standing at the check-out is English.
Cheesy

Medical textbooks say I should be dead since April 2002.
Dum spiro spero. Smiley
Narcissm is the humans primary disease.

IP Logged

Dragon
YaBB Newbies

I Love ChessPublishing!

Reply #7 - 09/19/19 at 20:59:52
Post Tools
fling wrote on 09/19/19 at 17:11:51:
I agree that asking for specific lines hasn't been very successful looking at the posts that have done it, which is partly why I decided to spend less time here.

I haven't looked at the analysis of those games, but I have noted in other updates the same trend. There are several games in which critical variations, quickly found by e.g. SF10, go unnoticed.

Well if there is no answer on a forum post I can understand that GMs and IMs may take some time to response, but not answering questions (not even with 'Thanks for the question, I will think about it') although it's explicitely on the subscribing page

Quote:
Signing up gives you access to pgn games, cbv files and pdf ebooks in a given section (sections are: 1 e4 e5, French, Dragon, etc). Signing up also lets you email opening questions to the section's opening expert.

is just not justified. I mean I paid for this, it's not something where one can subscribe for free.

IP Logged

fling
God Member

I Love ChessPublishing!

Reply #6 - 09/19/19 at 17:11:51
Post Tools
Dragon wrote on 09/19/19 at 17:02:59:
I think what I want to mention matches perfectly to this thread, so I won't open a new one.

Not only the site needs badly a clean up, also the content needs badly a clean up.

I am premium subscriber and recognised especially in the last time the following:
1.) For the first time I tried to ask questions via email because you say that Subscribers have the possibility to do so. I did that on the 29th of August, and did not get any reply. That's not really polite I have to say.

2.) Some updates don't seem to be objectively sound to me.
I have two recent examples:
(i) The August update in the dragon section futures the line after
9. 0-0-0 Nxd4 10. Bxd4 Be6.
This line is considered to be bad for black for an eternity, still it's futured in three games in the august update.
In the only game with the critical line (Ulloa-Abarca Gonzalez) my engine clearly prefers 17. g5 but considers 17. Bd3 already as a mistake (not marked in the analyses). Still, 17. g5 is not even mentioned in the analyses.

(ii) In the may update of the king's indian section is the game Gasanov - Kotronias.
On the homepage it is mentioned with the comment
Quote:
This line has become rather annoying, and the game Gasanov, E - Kotronias, V gives us more evidence that instead of 6...c5 Black may have to soon revert back to 6...e5 7.d5 Na6.

which gives a quite strong judgement of a line based on a game, where blacks bad position was seemingly more caused by manoeuvring mistakes then by the soundedness of the line itself.

In the same game, there is the statement that 10... Rxe3+ would be quite playable. I think this statement is based on two games from this year, where in both analyses the more critical choice for white (the first choice of the engine instead of 0-0) is again not even mentioned. 

I agree that asking for specific lines hasn't been very successful looking at the posts that have done it, which is partly why I decided to spend less time here.

I haven't looked at the analysis of those games, but I have noted in other updates the same trend. There are several games in which critical variations, quickly found by e.g. SF10, go unnoticed.

IP Logged

Dragon
YaBB Newbies

I Love ChessPublishing!

Reply #5 - 09/19/19 at 17:02:59
Post Tools
I think what I want to mention matches perfectly to this thread, so I won't open a new one.

Not only the site needs badly a clean up, also the content needs badly a clean up.

I am premium subscriber and recognised especially in the last time the following:
1.) For the first time I tried to ask questions via email because you say that Subscribers have the possibility to do so. I did that on the 29th of August, and did not get any reply. That's not really polite I have to say.

2.) Some updates don't seem to be objectively sound to me.
I have two recent examples:
(i) The August update in the dragon section futures the line after
9. 0-0-0 Nxd4 10. Bxd4 Be6.
This line is considered to be bad for black for an eternity, still it's futured in three games in the august update.
In the only game with the critical line (Ulloa-Abarca Gonzalez) my engine clearly prefers 17. g5 but considers 17. Bd3 already as a mistake (not marked in the analyses). Still, 17. g5 is not even mentioned in the analyses.

(ii) In the may update of the king's indian section is the game Gasanov - Kotronias.
On the homepage it is mentioned with the comment
Quote:
This line has become rather annoying, and the game Gasanov, E - Kotronias, V gives us more evidence that instead of 6...c5 Black may have to soon revert back to 6...e5 7.d5 Na6.

which gives a quite strong judgement of a line based on a game, where blacks bad position was seemingly more caused by manoeuvring mistakes then by the soundedness of the line itself.

In the same game, there is the statement that 10... Rxe3+ would be quite playable. I think this statement is based on two games from this year, where in both analyses the more critical choice for white (the first choice of the engine instead of 0-0) is again not even mentioned. 

IP Logged

RoleyPoley
God Member

I Love ChessPublishing!

Reply #4 - 12/28/17 at 18:04:19
Post Tools
Glenn Snow wrote on 10/12/17 at 03:21:35:
Another item, less serious, is that some of the section moderators haven't been online in months or even years. 

Apologies. This includes me. Although i have been dropping by to check on things, I've had various issues pop up over the last 6 months or so which has distracted me. Hopefully from next week i will be back on the ball.

"As Mikhail Tal would say ' Let's have a bit of hooliganism! '"

Victor Bologan.

IP Logged

Confused_by_Theory
God Member

I Love ChessPublishing!

Reply #3 - 10/12/17 at 04:07:08
Post Tools
Glenn Snow wrote on 10/12/17 at 03:21:35:
Another item, less serious, is that some of the section moderators haven't been online in months or even years.

Hi.

Then maybe we need to get some anarchy going... Wink 

To see if any of the mods answer the call of course... Cool

...and certainly not because there would be no mods to rein us in. Roll Eyes

Have a nice day.

IP Logged

Glenn Snow
God Member

Reply #2 - 10/12/17 at 03:21:35
Post Tools

IP Logged

GMTonyKosten
YaBB Administrator

Mr Dynamic?

Reply #1 - 10/03/17 at 10:14:05
Post Tools
FrenchRefutes1e4 wrote on 09/25/17 at 15:51:59:
Well, some of them have the person's name at Chesspublishing.com, like for the King's Indian, it shows "david@Chesspublishing.com".  Well, if you try to send an email there, it bounces.

Next, some of the sections use a more generic address, Support@Chesspublishing.com.  Guess what?  It bounces too!

That's strange, we're still receiving emails for these addresses, so I've no idea why your emails bounced. Can you PM one of the bounced messages to me, please?

IP Logged

FrenchRefutes1e4
YaBB Newbies

I Love ChessPublishing!

Site needs clean up badly!
09/25/17 at 15:51:59
Post Tools
Each of the sections mentions at the bottom that if you have questions, submit to the forum, or Subscribers can email directly to (fill in the address).

Well, some of them have the person's name at Chesspublishing.com, like for the King's Indian, it shows "david@Chesspublishing.com".  Well, if you try to send an email there, it bounces.

Next, some of the sections use a more generic address, Support@Chesspublishing.com.  Guess what?  It bounces too!

So I went with the last resort and posted to the King's Indian Forum, but if these email addresses don't work, why are they still listed on the site?

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 
Topic Tools
Bookmarks: del.icio.us Digg Facebook Google Google+ Linked in reddit StumbleUpon Twitter Yahoo