Latest Updates:
Normal Topic ChessBase 14 - to list variations as A, B, C etc? (Read 1014 times)
ahu_lee
YaBB Newbies

I Love ChessPublishing!

Re: ChessBase 14 - to list variations as A, B, C etc?
Reply #2 - 10/27/17 at 21:51:56
Post Tools
proustiskeen wrote on 10/27/17 at 20:53:09:
--> Options - Notation - Structured Variations

Thank you so much! Oh gosh, I don't even know how I could've missed that  Embarrassed

IP Logged

proustiskeen
God Member

Hello from Omaha!

Re: ChessBase 14 - to list variations as A, B, C etc?
Reply #1 - 10/27/17 at 20:53:09
Post Tools
--> Options - Notation - Structured Variations

IP Logged

ahu_lee
YaBB Newbies

I Love ChessPublishing!

ChessBase 14 - to list variations as A, B, C etc?
10/27/17 at 18:08:44
Post Tools
How do you list variations in ChessBase as A, B, C and then A1, A2 and so on?

In this YouTube video (watch?v=yzTmUapwXrg) the author demonstrates how he uses ChessBase 12 to study his openings and you can see that he has the variations listed (enumerated) in the notation.

Here's also the screen from ChessBase manual of what I'm talking about:

i.stack.imgur.com/Zo9SP.png
(I have no rights to post messages containing active links here. Please copy and paste it to your address bar)

In the comments to the video the author was even asked about how to list the variations like that, but he obviously didn't even understand what he was asked about. But that shows that I'm not the only one perplexed by this.

On another chess forum I've been told that ChessBase do it automatically by itself, that it has some kind of an algorithm. But the thing is that I've been using the program for quite some time now and It's never done that.

So, what is really going on here? Is this feature (that was in ChessBase 12) gone from ChessBase 14 or it's just hidden somewhere?

Thank you very much!

IP Logged

Bookmarks: del.icio.us Digg Facebook Google Google+ Linked in reddit StumbleUpon Twitter Yahoo