Latest Updates:
Normal Topic Recent resources for a g3-based repertoire (Read 3158 times)
Leon_Trotsky

Кто был никем — тот станет
всем!

Re: Recent resources for a g3-based repertoire
Reply #6 - 12/15/17 at 00:22:48
Post Tools
I read the thread on the Bologan DVD, and I got confused about something about the Symmetrical lines. I would just transpose to the Symmetrical English here. My idea was just to deal with 1. Cf3 d5 2. c4 d4 as the only unique line but going back to English lines for other replies.

I pre-ordered the book by Demuth, and am thinking about a DVD or two now. I have some of Breutigam's other DVDs. I thought that they were okay, so maybe might see about the Réti one.

IP Logged

Stigma
God Member

There is a crack in everything.

Reply #5 - 12/13/17 at 07:33:00
Post Tools
The Bologan DVD was discussed here:
http://www.chesspub.com/cgi-bin/chess/YaBB.pl?num=1498229526/all

and the Ramirez DVD here:
http://www.chesspub.com/cgi-bin/chess/YaBB.pl?num=1374870644/all

Of the DVDs, I only have Ramirez. It's a decent way to quickly start playing the Reti, but a bit lacking in depth. And his line with c4 and b4 against KID and Grünfeld setups may not be worth playing.

I wonder if the ones by Breutigam (which I hadn't heard of before) and Bologan are worth getting.

There's also an iChess DVD by Lemos on double fianchetto systems for White, but I don't know anything about it.

Improvement begins at the edge of your comfort zone. -Jonathan Rowson

IP Logged

Leon_Trotsky

всем!

Reply #4 - 12/13/17 at 06:39:13
Post Tools
As fart as I know, the main difference with playing the g3 system between 1. c4 and 1. Cf3 is that which one feels more comfortable with: 1. c4 e5 or 1. Cf3 d5 2. c4 d4. I prefer White in both, so in this case it does not matter to me.

Stigma wrote on 12/10/17 at 07:50:49:
There's a Réti repertoire for White by Demuth soon (reportedly) to be published:

Says 22.12.2017 now. So probably not going to be able to get it until early next year. But I did see one of Demuth's articles in NIC Yearbook 123 about 1. Cf3 d5 2. c4 d4. Between 1. c4 e5 and that line, the latter is less analysed, so maybe good for avoiding heavy theory.

TD wrote on 12/10/17 at 09:33:49:
eti - a repertoire for White - Bologan (ChessBase 2017, DVD)

Has anyone tried this DVD and how are the lines?

Reti-Eroffnung, richtig gespielt - Konikowski & Bekemann (Beyer 2015)

I have never heard of this book before, is this more of an overview book?

Reti-Eroffnung, ein modernes Repertoire - Breutigam (ChessBase 2015, DVD)

Would it be recommended getting this and Bologan's, or just one of them?

TN wrote on 12/10/17 at 09:09:17:
I noticed after Marin wrote his Grandmaster Repertoire series, he started using the 1.Nf3/2.g3 move order regularly. So you may well look at his games while searching for that dream source.  Wink

So in this case, avoiding the complications from 1. Cf3 d5 2. c4? That sounds interesting, especially if it saves time if Black players prefer to transpose to light square systems that would in other ways be by 1. c4 c6 or 1. c4 e6.

IP Logged

TD

Feyenoord forever!

Reply #3 - 12/10/17 at 09:33:49
Post Tools
Reti - a repertoire for White - Bologan (ChessBase 2017, DVD)
Reti-Eroffnung, richtig gespielt - Konikowski & Bekemann (Beyer 2015)
Reti-Eroffnung, ein modernes Repertoire - Breutigam (ChessBase 2015, DVD)
The Reti, a flexible attacking opening - Ramirez (ChessBase 2013, DVD)
The King's Indian Attack: Move by Move - McDonald (Everyman 2014)
The White Sniper - Storey (Foxy Openings 2011, DVD)
Bamboozle your opponents with 1.g3! - Davies (ChessBase 2010, DVD)

IP Logged

TN
YaBB Moderator

Reply #2 - 12/10/17 at 09:09:17
Post Tools
I noticed after Marin wrote his Grandmaster Repertoire series, he started using the 1.Nf3/2.g3 move order regularly. So you may well look at his games while searching for that dream source.  Wink

All our dreams come true if we have the courage to pursue them.

IP Logged

Stigma
God Member

There is a crack in everything.

Reply #1 - 12/10/17 at 07:50:49
Post Tools
There's a Réti repertoire for White by Demuth soon (reportedly) to be published:

https://www.schachversand.de/e/detail/buecher/15298.html
http://www.thinkerspublishing.com/forthcoming-publications.html

The Fianchetto Solution by Neiman and Shoker is less than two years old and (for the White half of the book) uses 1.Nf3 with 2.g3 usually to follow. We discussed it here: http://www.chesspub.com/cgi-bin/chess/YaBB.pl?num=1473943311/all

There are also older books on the Réti by Delchev (2012) http://www.chesspub.com/cgi-bin/chess/YaBB.pl?num=1325513514/all and Davies (2004) that I sometimes refer to.

And then there's the 3-volume Wojo's Weapons series, and the Donaldson/Carsten Hansen repertoire book, and no doubt several DVDs and Starting Out and Move by Move-type books that I'm forgetting. For one thing, books on the King's Indian Attack can be revelant to a 1.Nf3 or 1.g3 move order.

All of these have their own choices of lines. They're all less detailed than Marin, with Wojo's Weapons, Delchev and likely Demuth coming closest.

Improvement begins at the edge of your comfort zone. -Jonathan Rowson

IP Logged

Leon_Trotsky

всем!

Recent resources for a g3-based repertoire
12/10/17 at 07:25:49
Post Tools
I wanted to know of any recent books, DVDs, e-books, etc. for a g3-based repertoire, like when White starts with 1. c4 or 1. Cf3, in the past couple years, preferably no earlier than 2014. As far I know, the last major work on this was the three volume work by Marin on 1. c4.

I was looking only for g3 system resources, not where White plays 1. c4 or 1. Cf3 and then transposes to other systems with e3 or such. Any help would be appreciated.

IP Logged

Bookmarks: del.icio.us Digg Facebook Google Google+ Linked in reddit StumbleUpon Twitter Yahoo