Latest Updates:
Normal Topic Trompowsky DVD by Kindermann (Read 2817 times)
PatzerNoster

I Love ChessPublishing!

Re: Trompowsky DVD by Kindermann
Reply #4 - 03/02/18 at 22:32:38
Post Tools
The DVD is quite fresh (2017/18), and Kindermann only recently started playing the Tromp.

I can't really say how much is new compared to Pert, but I have the feeling that Kindermann sets his own priorities, so this is not a "DVD version of the book".

IP Logged

TalJechin
God Member

There is no secret ingredient.

Reply #3 - 02/27/18 at 14:14:17
Post Tools
PatzerNoster wrote on 02/27/18 at 07:51:03:
First note the DVD is only in German language!

Apart from that, you get the impression that the author looked deeply at the opening to be ready to play it himself, which is indeed the case.
Theoretically and presentation-wise I like it very much. It is typical Kindermann style: he doesn't go too deep, but what he shows is good and important.

There is just one thing which I didn't like: Kindermann recommends 2. ... e6 3.e4.
He kind of admits he wasn't able to find something in one key line, and proposes an equal and rather dry endgame.
It is better to be honest like this than to hide the truth behind some vague (or overoptimistic) statements, but I would have given full marks had he examined e.g. 3.Nd2

Who knows, perhaps the state of affairs there is not better, but at least it seems to me most strong players are searching there instead of 3.e4

The example video looks quite interesting, I could follow his German well enough and 3.e4 is probably the Tromp-variation I score the best in (play mainly blitz & rapid though), so no problem there either Smiley

How old is the dvd? He seems to rely on Pert's book but does he add something new himself variation-wise?

IP Logged

PatzerNoster

I Love ChessPublishing!

Reply #2 - 02/27/18 at 07:51:03
Post Tools
First note the DVD is only in German language!

Apart from that, you get the impression that the author looked deeply at the opening to be ready to play it himself, which is indeed the case.
Theoretically and presentation-wise I like it very much. It is typical Kindermann style: he doesn't go too deep, but what he shows is good and important.

There is just one thing which I didn't like: Kindermann recommends 2. ... e6 3.e4.
He kind of admits he wasn't able to find something in one key line, and proposes an equal and rather dry endgame.
It is better to be honest like this than to hide the truth behind some vague (or overoptimistic) statements, but I would have given full marks had he examined e.g. 3.Nd2

Who knows, perhaps the state of affairs there is not better, but at least it seems to me most strong players are searching there instead of 3.e4

IP Logged

Bibs
YaBB Moderator

Reply #1 - 02/27/18 at 07:14:50
Post Tools
I had the same query. Anyone...?

IP Logged

Leon_Trotsky

Кто был никем — тот станет
всем!

Trompowsky DVD by Kindermann
02/25/18 at 03:58:40
Post Tools
https://shop.chessbase.com/de/products/kindermann_triumphieren_mit_trompowsky

I was thinking of getting this DVD, since there are few Trompowsky stuff and the presenter is usually good. If anyone has it, how do you find it?

IP Logged

Bookmarks: del.icio.us Digg Facebook Google Google+ Linked in reddit StumbleUpon Twitter Yahoo