Latest Updates:
Normal Topic Keeping your repertoire on a mobile device (Read 4884 times)
an ordinary chessplayer
God Member

I used to be not bad.

Re: Keeping your repertoire on a mobile device
Reply #9 - 01/14/19 at 01:58:27
Post Tools
I ended up getting an iPad last fall, and last week I splurged on the COW app. As advertised, it has Dropbox. The big feature missing is PGN import. This is more than annoying because I have a *lot* of existing theory in PGN files, and don't want to enter it again manually. Another scenario is that I am playing a bunch of training games against an engine; it would be nice to get those examples into the repertoire with just a few clicks.

Mike?

If you left it out on purpose, please reconsider adding the feature, at the very least as an in-app purchase. My time is valuable too. Another idea is to offer this feature to registered users of the desktop program. I am not one of those yet, but soon will be, in order to import some PGNs. I am just saving my pennies for that purchase.

IP Logged

Mike Leahy
YaBB Newbies

I Love ChessPublishing!

Reply #8 - 03/28/18 at 13:57:31
Post Tools
Dropbox support will be in the first version of Chess Openings Wizard for iPad and Android.

IP Logged

Mike Leahy
YaBB Newbies

I Love ChessPublishing!

Reply #7 - 03/19/18 at 19:54:58
Post Tools
an ordinary chessplayer wrote on 03/16/18 at 21:54:03:
Chess Studio (Giordano Vicoli) is working for me on iPhone. Not free but inexpensive and well worth the minimal outlay. I do have to move the files to/from Dropbox, but for me it's not an issue because I always want multiple copies of a file until I can verify that everything is backed up.

Bookup/COW is slated for "iPad" and Android. I have my fingers crossed iPad means iPhone as well. We'll see about Dropbox integration. Usually that feature is not in version 1.0 of an app.

I'm trying to get direct integration so that users can move their repertoires on and off the iPad using iTunes but I may have to add Dropbox support to Chess Openings Wizard.

IP Logged

Mike Leahy
YaBB Newbies

I Love ChessPublishing!

Reply #6 - 03/19/18 at 19:53:45
Post Tools
gillbod wrote on 03/15/18 at 22:31:25:
I am pretty much addicted to my iPad for chess. There are a number of great ebook apps out there, and plenty of apps to play against others.

One thing that I've found lacking is a nice way of documenting my repertoire so I can review lines on the go.

Does anyone have a mobile friendly way of doing this? All I can think of is manually syncing a PGN between my desktop and device.

The upcoming iPad version of Chess Openings Wizard from Bookup will likely be the ultimate repertoire tool for mobile. It's taken me four years to get right.

IP Logged

an ordinary chessplayer
God Member

I used to be not bad.

Reply #5 - 03/16/18 at 21:54:03
Post Tools
Chess Studio (Giordano Vicoli) is working for me on iPhone. Not free but inexpensive and well worth the minimal outlay. I do have to move the files to/from Dropbox, but for me it's not an issue because I always want multiple copies of a file until I can verify that everything is backed up.

Bookup/COW is slated for "iPad" and Android. I have my fingers crossed iPad means iPhone as well. We'll see about Dropbox integration. Usually that feature is not in version 1.0 of an app.

IP Logged

gillbod

I Love ChessPublishing!

Reply #4 - 03/16/18 at 20:16:19
Post Tools
Syncing PGNs is a bit annoying on iOS due to the lack of a good PGN editor on the platform, unless anyone has any suggestions?

Good to hear about Chess Openings Wizard. I'll likely jump on that bandwagon.

IP Logged

Straggler

Reply #3 - 03/16/18 at 09:32:44
Post Tools
An iOS version of Chess Openings Wizard (the app formerly known as Bookup) should be available soon.

IP Logged

Adam Raoof
YaBB Newbies

I love Golders Green Rapidplays!

Reply #2 - 03/16/18 at 07:39:44
Post Tools
Dropbox is amazingly useful - download it here

https

://db.tt/zQjb3MFw

Adam

IP Logged

an ordinary chessplayer
God Member

I used to be not bad.

Reply #1 - 03/16/18 at 01:01:34
Post Tools
Um, ever heard of Dropbox?

IP Logged

gillbod

I Love ChessPublishing!

Keeping your repertoire on a mobile device
03/15/18 at 22:31:25
Post Tools
I am pretty much addicted to my iPad for chess. There are a number of great ebook apps out there, and plenty of apps to play against others.

One thing that I've found lacking is a nice way of documenting my repertoire so I can review lines on the go.

Does anyone have a mobile friendly way of doing this? All I can think of is manually syncing a PGN between my desktop and device.

IP Logged

Bookmarks: del.icio.us Digg Facebook Google Google+ Linked in reddit StumbleUpon Twitter Yahoo