Latest Updates:
Normal Topic ICCF Chessbase and Fritz workflow (Read 1340 times)
ChiefPushesWood
YaBB Newbies

I Love ChessPublishing!

Re: ICCF Chessbase and Fritz workflow
Reply #2 - 04/22/18 at 16:16:09
Post Tools
Thanks jupp for posting.
I have Smith's book. But, while its very good at what it does say, it doesn't much about the actual technique I'm looking for.

I also have Aquarium. But I'm interested, for now, in learning how to do this in CB/Fritz if anyone is willing to help.

I know that, typically, this kind of thing isn't going to happen. I probably don't have the ancient-chinese-secret-decoder-ring and folks are going to hold on to their 'secrets'. But I'm hoping someone is willing to help out a noob. I still have to do the work afterall.

Folks are welcome to PM if you don't want to reveal your classified information to the public. Smiley

CPW

IP Logged

Jupp53
God Member

be

Re: ICCF Chessbase and Fritz workflow
Reply #1 - 04/22/18 at 16:11:43
Post Tools
The book of Robin Smith - Modern Chess Analysis is still a good recommendation. The chapter about using engines in Aagaard - Thinking out of the box is useful too, but nothing new in principle.

You have to look at the developments of the engines continuously.

If they hadn't cheated me once at chess-com would say: Have a look at Aquarium.

Medical textbooks say I should be dead since April 2002.
Dum spiro spero. Smiley

IP Logged

ChiefPushesWood
YaBB Newbies

I Love ChessPublishing!

ICCF Chessbase and Fritz workflow
04/22/18 at 01:05:26
Post Tools
Hey folks. I'm new to the CC scene and starting in ICCF.

Finding resources on this subject is terribly hard. I'm wondering if anyone would be willing to help a guy out and share a workflow with me using these tools.

I've the basic skills of using the software... I've used it to review OTB games etc over the years. However, due to a new disability, I can no longer play OTB. So CC it is.

I'm looking for help specifically in a workflow that will help me choose the right move or PV. For example, how to compare the results of the analysis (lines) from two different engines? How to compare and choose between lines that are similar? Etc.

Of course, any help would be appreciated.

Regards,
Chief

PS. I own legal copies of Chessbase 14, Fritz 16 and a few paid-for engines.

IP Logged

Bookmarks: del.icio.us Digg Facebook Google Google+ Linked in reddit StumbleUpon Twitter Yahoo