Latest Updates:
Normal Topic Python (Read 4253 times)
mattchess

I Love ChessPublishing!

Re: Python
Reply #7 - 06/06/19 at 01:06:30
Post Tools
I would love to be able to do that native in aquarium - but as has been pointed out only Delphi is supported in their scripting environment.  They also support CQL (chess query language) directly. 

But you can do a lot with Python Chess and a PGN file.  Not sure if there is a library for working with CTG trees or not - I'll need to look.  That would be very useful.

If you find a way to integrate python and aquarium more directly please share.  You may want to also discuss here:

http://rybkaforum.net/cgi-bin/rybkaforum/board_show.pl?tid=33060#tid33060

IP Logged

mattchess

I Love ChessPublishing!

Reply #6 - 05/06/19 at 15:23:52
Post Tools
I've not found any way to work directly in python from Aquarium - but the python-chess library is excellent for processing PGNs.  I have not experimented with Delphi - anyone know of a good resource for the syntax?

IP Logged

h4rl3k1n
YaBB Newbies

FM

Reply #5 - 03/16/19 at 09:38:23
Post Tools
trw wrote on 02/14/19 at 00:08:23:
Anyone know if there are some ways to incorporate python into using aquarium/chessbase/ other utilities?

Aquarium allows to use Delphi scripts, which is probably enough for most purposes. You could also export your Aquarium Analysis (even IDEA trees) and process the respective file(s) with Python. However, the Aquarium documentation seems to be somewhat outdated with regard to scripting and file export.

IP Logged

TonyRo
God Member

I'm gonna crack your skull!

Reply #4 - 03/15/19 at 16:13:34
Post Tools
Niklas Feikas' Python Chess package is really the be-all end-all for chess and python. Have fun. Cheesy

IP Logged

JFugre

I Love ChessPublishing!

Reply #3 - 03/11/19 at 10:44:20
Post Tools
Take a look at the examples and docs of the python-chess library. (Forum won't allow me to post links)

IP Logged

trw
God Member

I Love ChessPublishing!

Reply #2 - 03/10/19 at 19:20:18
Post Tools
JFugre wrote on 03/09/19 at 12:21:03:
Not sure what you're asking exactly, but you can export data to PGN and then operate on the PGN in Python. I have a bunch of repertoire tooling written this way which points out "holes" in published repertoires.

Interesting, could you give an example of what you mean? I'd love to see some code if you don't mind. I am just looking for ways to grow my python coding abilities with chess. And apply it to openings sounds very practical.

IP Logged

JFugre

I Love ChessPublishing!

Reply #1 - 03/09/19 at 12:21:03
Post Tools
Not sure what you're asking exactly, but you can export data to PGN and then operate on the PGN in Python. I have a bunch of repertoire tooling written this way which points out "holes" in published repertoires.

IP Logged

trw
God Member

I Love ChessPublishing!

Python
02/14/19 at 00:08:23
Post Tools
Anyone know if there are some ways to incorporate python into using aquarium/chessbase/ other utilities?

IP Logged

Bookmarks: del.icio.us Digg Facebook Google Google+ Linked in reddit StumbleUpon Twitter Yahoo