Latest Updates:
Normal Topic Marin's English Love Vol.1 and 2 (Read 5420 times)
Leon_Trotsky

Кто был никем — тот станет
всем!

Re: Marin's English Love Vol.1 and 2
Reply #4 - 03/09/19 at 06:06:29
Post Tools
I bought both the new DWDs by Marin. I generally choose to buy from only certain authors whom I think do good presentation, because is true they are expensive. Marin is one of those authors.

Each "chapter" has, in addition to the video clips of each variation and the corresponding Videoanalyse, has Modellpartien and a couple of databases with annotated games with "CBM" and the ECO code after.

Somehow I downloaded it in German. So that is what I see when I open the database. Generally I like it, just the annoying "uh" that he seems to say no matter what language   Cheesy

IP Logged

Stigma
God Member

There is a crack in everything.

Reply #3 - 03/07/19 at 23:39:32
Post Tools
Several of Marin's DVDs for Chessbase have had extensive theory databases in addition to the video content. For instance his two DVDs on the Pirc and the one on the Classical Sicilian. Not as detailed as his big theory books for Quality Chess obviously, but better than most DVDs.

I have no idea if that applies to these English DVDs though. We may know when the first reviews appear.

Edit: The description from Chessbase actually says "Extra: extended analysis file with model games", so I guess these do contain a fair bit of analysis.

Improvement begins at the edge of your comfort zone. -Jonathan Rowson

IP Logged

MW

I Love ChessPublishing!

Reply #2 - 03/07/19 at 19:22:50
Post Tools

They do look very interesting although I'm a little cautious about buying opening DVD's....I have a few and in general have found them to be more expensive than books and often with much less detail.

I think it is a real shame that Marin has not been commissioned to up-date (in book format) his three Quality Chess books on the English. They are still real tombs of information for any English player.

IP Logged

Laramonet

Gwyddbwll am byth !

Reply #1 - 03/07/19 at 18:31:19
Post Tools
This is very interesting. From the contents list there are differences from his three volume book repertoire. For example, he appears to have replaced the Botvinnik with b3 and in the Symmetrical gone for 6.d4 against Fischer's line.

IP Logged

TD
God Member

Feyenoord forever!

Marin's English Love Vol.1 and 2
03/07/19 at 14:04:50
Post Tools
2 new DVD's: Marin's English Love Vol.1 and 2 - A complete repertoire for White after 1.c4

https://shop.chessbase.com/en/products/marin_english_love_vol_1_and_2

IP Logged

Bookmarks: del.icio.us Digg Facebook Google Google+ Linked in reddit StumbleUpon Twitter Yahoo